MG iSmart App

There is a 1GB datacap on the "simcard" in the radio, but it would be unfathomable if there was not an exception for data from the Amazon music server as otherwise that function would be well and truly unusable.
Do you know if this is in print anywhere please? The data cap.
Customer services and my dealer knew nothing about the cap.

Do you know if this is in print anywhere please? The data cap.
Customer services and my dealer knew nothing about the cap.
I do not, but i have seen multiple people in her, mention that they were told there is a datacap.

But as said, it would be real silly if this datacap also applied to the streaming service they put on the radio, as streaming radio will eat a GB in hours.

That’s what I’m going through…I’m pretty sure it does apply to Amazon Music based on my tests.
The thing is, though...Datacap's are usually not "You have reached 1 GB, we will turn off your data, until next month"

Most i know of is more like "You have reached 1 GB, from now on, your data is capped at XX KB"

You would still be able to get live traffic, as this is not a lot of data, but streaming, would be impossible.

I obviously do not KNOW how they have set it up with this.

Another thing that should not be part of the cap is the OTA firmware.

I just updated my android, it was a 1,6 Gbyte update. If the radio got a similar update, it would not be able to download it in one month as the update would be to large for the dataplan. For this reason, OTA's will probably also be omitted from the dataplan "counter".

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom