Mg iSmart down?

Electrone

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Having issues with the MG iSmart app in the UK..

Can't seem to get a connection to the car, assuming the server is down..

Anyone else?

No problems here, i can connect to my car and see the range, and state of charge.

Slow as always, but it will eventually connect.

Issue appears to have been fixed, took about a day but it's now working and seems faster too..
In what way do you feel it is faster ?

Just tried mine, tried to connect for 30 seconds, gave up, and when i retried it tried for another 30 seconds, after which it now shows, "parked" and the GPS location where i parked it, but the battery %, just says "Battery ---%

Another refresh and it connected fully after about 5 seconds and now show all info.

To me this does not seem faster than "before" :)

Really hope they are seriously working on getting this fixed.

I would expect no more than 5 seconds from i open the app, until i have the info. :)
I guess the handshake between app, server and car take some time. The sim card is probably in some low power mode and needs to be woken up etc. I don't have a point of comparison with other brands so no idea if this is within typical limits or not but would be great if the thing was instant!

At any rate it's gone down again for me today. Can't connect to the car today, it just times out. Must be a server issue or something 👀

I guess the handshake between app, server and car take some time. The sim card is probably in some low power mode and needs to be woken up etc. I don't have a point of comparison with other brands so no idea if this is within typical limits or not but would be great if the thing was instant!

At any rate it's gone down again for me today. Can't connect to the car today, it just times out. Must be a server issue or something 👀
If i was sure that it would take 20 seconds from opening the app, until i had full access and control i would be fine with that.

Now it takes so long, that the app times out and gives up, and needs to be told to "reload" (Pull down from the top) once, but sometimes twice.

My app works still today, and no faster or slower than usual.

I'm guessing the server is probably not able to take the load, from all of the new car owners, i had a similar situation with the app for my solar panel inverter, that app was also painfully slow and sometimes needed reloading as well, but after then shut down everything for a day to set up more / more powerful servers, it has been running decently.

Both car and solar panel inverter is Chinese.

I would not even be bothered that it took a while if they came out and said "Yes, we know it's slow, but we are working on it" and then released updates for the app and/or car, to improve.

The worst part about it being slow and unresponsive, is that they dont say a word...Maybe they are not even trying to fix anything, while we are kept in the dark.

App has still not been updated for the last 3 months, and updates are usually more frequent in the beginning of a product lifecycle, so this does not bode well for us i think.

If i was sure that it would take 20 seconds from opening the app, until i had full access and control i would be fine with that.

Now it takes so long, that the app times out and gives up, and needs to be told to "reload" (Pull down from the top) once, but sometimes twice.

My app works still today, and no faster or slower than usual.

I'm guessing the server is probably not able to take the load, from all of the new car owners, i had a similar situation with the app for my solar panel inverter, that app was also painfully slow and sometimes needed reloading as well, but after then shut down everything for a day to set up more / more powerful servers, it has been running decently.

Both car and solar panel inverter is Chinese.

I would not even be bothered that it took a while if they came out and said "Yes, we know it's slow, but we are working on it" and then released updates for the app and/or car, to improve.

The worst part about it being slow and unresponsive, is that they dont say a word...Maybe they are not even trying to fix anything, while we are kept in the dark.

App has still not been updated for the last 3 months, and updates are usually more frequent in the beginning of a product lifecycle, so this does not bode well for us i think.
Yeah, it doesn't look good.. I bet this is running on some desktop under someone's desk.. Given the rating on the app store for the app you'd think the devs would look into it, but there's nothing.. No updates, no fixes, you can't even register with SMS after all this time, it's a very poor indication of the overall MG brand that there's very little care on something as vital as the app. Right now if I've lost my key I won't be able to access the car via the app. When you're paying a small fortune for a car like this you expect the end to end service to work!

Anyone else?

Anyone else?
Mine wouldn't work for three days last week. Then suddenly on Friday it worked. Someone on here said the server was down.

To me it appears that iSmart is down again after a long period of actually being quite good it's back to its old tricks of refusing to update... only showing when it was last used. Vehicle Status failing with an error and have tried refreshing 15-20 times to no avail.

Pretty poor really.

To me it appears that iSmart is down again after a long period of actually being quite good it's back to its old tricks of refusing to update... only showing when it was last used. Vehicle Status failing with an error and have tried refreshing 15-20 times to no avail.

Pretty poor really.
I find that it fails most when the car is inactive, if I unlock it wakes up the car and the app connects immediately.

I was away on holiday last week, after about 2 days I could not connect with the car.
I have read somewhere that the car goes to sleep if the doors not opened for a period
of time. On my return I unlocked and relocked doors and the app connected as normal,
was this coinsidence or can anyone else confirm this.

It seems OK now but when it happened to me before I had just got out of the car and put it on charge.. wanted to see what rate the car was pulling. I suspect this time there was a server issue, which they have sorted

Hi all, is everyones iSmart app working today? I can't seem to connect to my car. I parked it at the train station in the morning and plugged it in to the charger and went to work. Been about 45 mins and the app is not connecting to the car. The car is in an open place and has worked perfectly in the past.

My app has stopped working
Lasted one week
73 plate trophy long range
I have unbinded the car deleted the app
Reinstalled the app
Rebinded the car
All successfully but still won’t connect
Will disconnecting the 12v battery help or does anyone have any other ideas
Was so much easier charging
with the app rather than getting in and out of the car

TYIA

Support us by becoming a Premium Member