Mg ismart mmm app

Huskiemg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My mg I smart app is telling me it's unable to get the vehicles GPS.
Does anyone know a fix for this.
The rest of the app is working.
It was work ok untill yesterday.

As said, try to refresh a few times.

My MG ZS EV once refused to tell the app, where it was for days.

I work in IT, so offcourse i did what any IT guy would tell you to do.....Reboot it.

In this context, Reboot = Disconnected the 12V battery for 10 minutes and reconnected it, and after this it was working fine.

Now that i think about it, i think that for some of that time, it actually did tell me where i was, but the location was a supercharger i had visited in Germany. That charger was rather fiddley, so i would not be surprised if it made the car confused.

After logging out and logging in, it would just no longer tell me where it was.

That was the same with the car, when it was totalled, the app kept telling me that the car could not be contacted, but that its location was where it was when it was smashed, and the fire and rescue had disconnected the battery.

My advice is to do the 12V "reboot trick"

I had tried the "Press the home button until the screen reboots" trick, but it did not work, which is probably because it is the telematic module that needed rebooting.

Maybe if you find the fuse for the telematic, you can pull that for 10 minutes instead, but i actually think it is not a bad idea to "cold boot" the car once in a while using the "reboot" method described.

Wonder if it's something wider then. Mine was working fine until yesterday, now it can't find the car

Just phoned my local MG dealership.
They know about the problem with i smart .
They say it's a third party app,so hopefully be resolved.

My GPS is working again on I smart app

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom