• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ismart software europe...is it coming??

Where exactly is this button?

I haven't tried it but it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 12.44.40 PM.png

Hello,

The e-Call button is mandatory in all countries of the European Union.

For information, any phone is able to call emergency services without having a SIM card installed in the phone. This is why some people keep a mobile phone inside the car, without any SIM card: in case of an accident, it could be used to call the emergency services.

The e-Call system calls the emergency services directly if airbags are triggered. In addition, it also allows the rescue team to geolocate the call.

So... e-Call button in Denmark allowing to call emergency services doesn't mean a SIM card is installed and running!

Without getting into a Brexit debate, I wonder how that affects those of us living in Northern Ireland? For all intents and purposes we will still be part of the EU in terms of goods.

Hapoy New Year!
Hi just a wee question! Why does the Xpeng G3 (chinese company) in Norway have the phone app to control certain functions in the car?

Cold have done with it a few week ago!! When I went out after a cup of coffee and found that the charger had stopped working half way through my 45 minute charging session!! Still love the car though!

Iheb de app voor de Zs Ev geïnstalleerd via de youtube video onderaan , echter deze vraagt niet om de QR code van de auto zoals je die kan downloaden in de playstore maar je moet je 06 invoeren echter wat ik ook probeer met bv een fake vpn locatie bv india of China enz en fake gps ik krijg geen code terug om te contacten met de app en mijn auto , heeft iemand het ook al geprobeert zie deze link Download MG iSMART App Apk- APKMonk

Courtesy of Google translate:

IHEB installed the app for the ZS EV via the YouTube video at the bottom, however, this does not ask for the QR code of the car as you can download it in the playstore but you have to enter 06, however, whatever I try with, for example, a fake vpn location BV India or China etc and fake gps I don't get a code back to contact the app and my car, someone has already tried it to see this link download Download MG iSMART App Apk- APKMonk

Actually I love that the car is not connected to the internet. This was basically the reason I chose it over the different options with online functions. Basically active internet services always open your devices for vulnerabilities. Even if you trust MG now you do not now how politics change and what might happen in the future. I am happy to drive an offline car :)
If you use a mobile phone and leave it switched on you are open to tracking and attacks. Unfortunately in the modern world unless you switch everything off you’re vulnerable, be it car, phone, home internet, apps etc etc.

There is a button up in the roof called emergency call (E-call is a EU-standard). I tried it and it was calling 112 - I told the guy that it was a mistake. But it did work! So I guess that there must be a SIM-card installed.
I take it yo did not have your mobile connected by blZBT

Checking in here from NZ, car has the clunky '3 bars main screen' infotainment system also unfortunately.

Man I hate inconsistencies! Or the lack of reasons why...

Hapoy New Year!
Hi just a wee question! Why does the Xpeng G3 (chinese company) in Norway have the phone app to control certain functions in the car?

I've often wondered if the other Chinese brands coming to Europe/UK like NIO, BYD, X-Peng etc will be subject to data protection laws and not have the remote App features in them.:unsure:

I've often wondered if the other Chinese brands coming to Europe/UK like NIO, BYD, X-Peng etc will be subject to data protection laws and not have the remote App features in them.:unsure:
Read somewhere that NIO has data servers in Germany. I assume the rest will follow suit.
So, yes GDPR will apply to all but they are better prepared it would seem.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom