MG iSmart tutorial/overview video, and differences between Trophy and Trophy Connect specifications (in UK)

Very informative, thanks Miles!
Couldn't get my app to register though, haha. (I like to be prepared! :D)

Hello Miles. thanks again for the informative video. if you soon have time, information about navigation with voice control and real-time traffic information would be interesting. thanks

Do you only get real-time traffic updates on the connect ?
Do you know who supplies the data for this ?

Can you preheat or pre-cool the car while it's charging ?

Hello Miles. thanks again for the informative video. if you soon have time, information about navigation with voice control and real-time traffic information would be interesting. thanks
Yes, would be very helpful if you can test the Sat nav and map functions, if the car can find charging stations nearby and filter them by network/charging speed.

Impressive - both the video and content ;-) Can more than one user use the app registered to the same car? Husband and wife for example...

Still having problems registering, phone or email. Darn those servers! 😁
One thing to watch out for, on Android anyway, is they're using their own keyboard for the initial password entry and unlike the standard it doesn't automatically reset caps lock.
Didn't notice when I entered mine and it was nothing like I thought I'd entered; e.g. ThisIsMyPassword became THISiSmYpASSWORD. When it prompted again wouldn't recognise the password because I was entering it "correctly".

One thing to watch out for, on Android anyway, is they're using their own keyboard for the initial password entry and unlike the standard it doesn't automatically reset caps lock.
Didn't notice when I entered mine and it was nothing like I thought I'd entered; e.g. ThisIsMyPassword became THISiSmYpASSWORD. When it prompted again wouldn't recognise the password because I was entering it "correctly".
Yep, this caught me out too!

Is the charge scheduling just time based, or can you set a different schedule say for the weekend?

Also noticed there doesn't seem to be any way of scheduling pre-conditioning?

I suppose the next question is, if not, do we know if they're planned to be added?

Unfortunately won't work on MG5 -EV . Surely, a software update could enable this?

@MilesperkWh I've noticed on our Trophy there is no User button.

The binding is in a different location: Settings -> Data Binding. I don't know if it's a Trophy vs Trophy Connect thing or just a difference in software versions.

This is what I currently have:
MPU software version SWI66-29958-1300R15
MCU software version 66.3.1.2

Attachments

• IMG_20211223_182203.jpg
    IMG_20211223_182203.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 157
Is the charge scheduling just time based, or can you set a different schedule say for the weekend?

Also noticed there doesn't seem to be any way of scheduling pre-conditioning?

I suppose the next question is, if not, do we know if they're planned to be added?
@Hotlush it's just a simple start/stop time unfortunately.

There is no current way to schedule pre-conditioning in the app.

Attachments

• original_b5035bbe-d63a-4cee-87b3-b7ed8110ce8b_Screenshot_20211228-224833.png
    original_b5035bbe-d63a-4cee-87b3-b7ed8110ce8b_Screenshot_20211228-224833.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 149
Thanks Miles can you tell me what voice control does on the Trophy with my phone connected please.
@ODONO had a play with this today, using Android auto it activates the Google assistant, I presume it does something similar on Apple Carplay. With the phone unplugged it does nothing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom