Mg M5 Ev Heater issues

Chris Harry

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Can anyone help. it now only blows cold air... the dealer fixedit once and said "theer was never an issue, it works fine", after some months went to turn it on and no heat... looked at fuses and its not in eco mode.... is there a reset button that the dealer pressed and its tripped again ?? any thoughts

Well if you managed not to use the heat all winter, then you should be fine for rest of the year…

Joking aside, you didn’t turn down the temperature too low by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help. it now only blows cold air... the dealer fixedit once and said "theer was never an issue, it works fine", after some months went to turn it on and no heat... looked at fuses and its not in eco mode.... is there a reset button that the dealer pressed and its tripped again ?? any thoughts
Hi, what year is the car and is if the newer face-lift model?

Hi, its a 72 plate with the fake roof rack.

My wife did say if you lasted the winter why get it fixed..lol

But a couple of times I've actually had to scrap the inside.. not good.

I have checked all controll knobs, nothing seems to work,,,, i bet its me ??!!

You do seem to need to set it quite high on the pre-facelift exclusive I have unless the cabin is particularly cold, not sure where they're measuring the internal temperature.

It's something Björn Nyland often brings up in his youtube videos that he has to set the temperature a lot higher on several Asian cars than he would on say a German car. Which is odd because 20C should be 20C on any car.

Look at your battery voltage/amps motor rpm display while standing still, turning on the heat should add about 10-12A (5kW @400V). If it does, the heater itself is working and the issue may be somewhere else in the circuit (heater pump?)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom