• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG MARVEL errors

ca46717

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hello,

I just received my Marvel R Luxury the other day and the overall feeling is that is a good car , a very good car but mostly with some software issues that I understand can be sorted out easily but I am afraid they will not be
  1. sometimes rear camera does not open when entering the reverse
  2. the seat position sometimes do not go to the stored position.
  3. Energy management info is worse than in smaller and cheaper models. No statistics of use
  4. The radio signal is not great, many FM stations quality is poor , with my other car it was not an issue
  5. poor media graphics for FM radios. Many other car manufacturers show you the radio logo. Here just the name. You have a big screen. Use it
  6. i Smart app. I see in videos that opening the boot or starting the heated seats is possible but not here (Spain) . Why is that ?
  7. System should be able to remember the last driving mode used. It is silly to have to change every time to ECO if that is what you want.
  8. Android auto, the bottom half of the screen is a waste of space with just a picture of the car
  9. intelligent speed control. It is disabled every time you use MG pilot. To renable it you have to navigate through a bunch of menus. Nonsense. It should be deactivate but it should be possible to reactivate with the stoke

another weird thing.
MG marvel is supposed to be the flagship and it does not have heated steering wheel (MG4 does) and does not have adaptive regeneration brake (MG4 also has)

Last edited:
Hello,

I just received my Marvel R Luxury the other day and the overall feeling is that is a good car , a very good car but mostly with some software issues that I understand can be sorted out easily but I am afraid they will not be
  3. Energy management info is worse than in smaller and cheaper models. No statistics of use
  4. The radio signal is not great, many FM stations quality is poor , with my other car it was not an issue
  5. poor media graphics for FM radios. Many other car manufacturers show you the radio logo. Here just the name. You have a big screen. Use it
  6. i Smart app. I see in videos that opening the boot or starting the heated seats is possible but not here (Spain) . Why is that ?
  7. System should be able to remember the last driving mode used. It is silly to have to change every time to ECO if that is what you want.
  8. Android auto, the bottom half of the screen is a waste of space with just a picture of the car
  9. intelligent speed control. It is disabled every time you use MG pilot. To renable it you have to navigate through a bunch of menus. Nonsense. It should be deactivate but it should be possible to reactivate with the stoke
Hi! I agree. Additional error is the left front door. When it is cold -10 C it does not work. I have been locked both in and out. My deeler has put me on the list for a change of parts. The error seems to be known. One example was my wife couldn't get out from the car from inside... had to wait for me to unlock with the key from outside. She waited for like 10 minutes. Just think what panic it could have been with small children inside or older or sick persons!!!

Hello,

Yes, got my Marvel in December and got all the same problems you have,,, whished MG would update it's software more frequently,, maybe we need to push for these updates/fixes directly to MG in China ,,, does someone know a contact detail?

Yes, got my Marvel in December and got all the same problems you have,,, whished MG would update it's software more frequently,, maybe we need to push for these updates/fixes directly to MG in China ,,, does someone know a contact detail?

Once approx. before one year I've sent to them an important question directly to this E- Mail: [email protected] , i did not receive any response to day.

But otherwise you can present your questions to any with these technical support (officially for EU) i have attached as a picture.

I believe we must impulse our issues to the local dealers; they can force SAIC motor to deals with issues more effectively.

I believe the car worth it, and worth any efforts to make it or the next generation more better.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot (804).png
    Screenshot (804).png
    336 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Lose all hope

Lose all hope
Once approx. before one year I've sent to them an important question directly to this E- Mail: [email protected] , i did not receive any response to day.

But otherwise you can present your questions to any with these technical support (officially for EU) i have attached as a picture.

I believe we must impulse our issues to the local dealers; they can force SAIC motor to deals with issues more effectively.

I believe the car worth it, and worth any efforts to make it or the next generation more better.

Regards
Lose all hope, dealers do not care and Said neither

Yeah they need to do alot of updates by listing users complaints like from MG EV COMMUNITY cuz mg marvel is a good car just missing alot of stuff what could be added with updates

Being clear here i personally don't reliance all cars dealers especially those which deal with Chinese cars.
I am not sure if they just do not receive the good and full information from Chinese manufacturers or there are other factors.

But SAIC motor is a giant monster, they strongly combined with VW and GM, and they indeed manufacture many types from VW, Audi, Škoda and GM brands in China, in fact many cars brands are made in China. Many from the same production line from which the Marvel R came out !!!

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom