• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG Marvel X pictures

EricGao

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Some new pictures
autohomecar__ChsEj1_0PMmAcFM5AAZIC0ROyN8784.jpg
autohomecar__ChsEj1_0PMaABHKLAAM0tFKsaC8546.jpg
autohomecar__ChsEl1_0PMaABGb9AAPDwETl9Zk393.jpg
autohomecar__ChsEeV_0PMaAQKuIAAVw4X8uGIY772.jpg
autohomecar__ChsEl1_0PMWAYQOwAAKZ13hJltM090.jpg
autohomecar__ChsEeV_0PMaAPg_3AAcUt2CxD68146.jpg

Not sure about the grill...maybe it would look better if the car was another color. Also I've not seen a picture of the interior which isn't the (ugly??) brown color.

Attachments

• MG-Marvel-X-5.jpg
    MG-Marvel-X-5.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 1,492
Occurred to me that, for example, the screen in a Tesla Model 3 would be a big distraction whilst driving. Made worse when having to operate it left handed in the UK (for a right handed person). There is a happy medium somewhere with screens and "old school" knobs and switches. Tesla takes it too far IMO.

I agree that for a driver a good balance is needed between the latest screen tech and usability/safety. For example; I find it better to use a stalk control for wipers than a touch screen - but that’s just my preference. The latest Tesla designs are firmly focused on autonomous driving - although we are a good way from that at the moment.

Occurred to me that, for example, the screen in a Tesla Model 3 would be a big distraction whilst driving. Made worse when having to operate it left handed in the UK (for a right handed person). There is a happy medium somewhere with screens and "old school" knobs and switches. Tesla takes it too far IMO.
I remember my old P6 Rover - it had a row of three knobs but with different lobes so you knew which one you were activating by touch and we‘ve lost a lot of form vs function. Tesla could have pushed this too far - I think Peugeot struck the balance with the iCockpit on the e 2008 and I think the MG controls are pretty good.

In fairness there are plenty of really good looking EV’s set to hit the European market from China like NEO....they are poised to take on Tesla with there technology know how and innovation, battery changing stations rather than charging, although you can charge too and mobile electric charging vans that can come to you...

I like the brown interior....its a bit different ...I too have reservations about the position of the screen.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom