MG not giving full mileage

Stacloomoo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hey guys, does anyone experience charging their mg zs ev, all night and only getting 109 miles out of 163miles... this milage in the weather is really not convenient for my busy schedule that I do in and around Birmingham only.. I pop in eco mode and have really cold heating. So have not choice to drive in normal mode which is 100 miles buy the time I get in the car an turn it on..
Doe anyone else experience any of these problem?
Thank you

I do 70 to 80 miles a day. some times 120mile a day. The long range is currently show 230mile vs 273mile advertised. I think you can achieve it in the summer. Also don't do motorway driving. It will reduce 1/3 of the range.

If you reset the trip counter and flip to eco and kers it will show the advertised range.
The GOM you are getting is based on previous journeys.
Plus turn off Aircon and the fan.

The most i get in eco is 115. But if I drive in eco the heating is really cold, is this normal?? and I never have my aircon on, plus I have the 163mile range,, I have never seen the full 163 even in eco with no heating on. This is the highest I have gotten from the car. I had it in September last year.. luckily I never have to use the motorway that was just a one off thank god.. the garage did have the car for 3 weeks over Xmas they told me it had a software issue. But gave me back 163miles but I have never gotten 163 after that..
I just wondered if any one else suffered the same problem.. but think it may be a weather issue too. As thats what the garage stated too..
Thank you guys

Attachments

• 20220218_174617.jpg
    20220218_174617.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 176
The most i get in eco is 115. But if I drive in eco the heating is really cold, is this normal?? and I never have my aircon on, plus I have the 163mile range,, I have never seen the full 163 even in eco with no heating on. This is the highest I have gotten from the car. I had it in September last year.. luckily I never have to use the motorway that was just a one off thank god.. the garage did have the car for 3 weeks over Xmas they told me it had a software issue. But gave me back 163miles but I have never gotten 163 after that..
I just wondered if any one else suffered the same problem.. but think it may be a weather issue too. As thats what the garage stated too..
Thank you guys
Hi , I think you do seem to have a problem , weather should have little affect on the mileage reading at 100% charge with the accumulated trip reset and everything turned off HVAC etc . I have always got around the advertised milage range no matter what the outside temp is , my ZS is down to around 158 miles in normal mode now at full charge with battery degradation , which I think is good considering the car is over 2 years old .I do recommend the EV watchdog app using an OBD 2 adapter it will show what actual percentage you are getting on a full charge around 93% with the latest BMS , also the kWh available from the battery which should be close to 42 kwh , if you're not getting close to these figures then something needs to be looked at . It does seem suspect to me that the garage had your car for 3 weeks , they should be able to tell straight away the correct state of the battery , most of the cars that had the bad BMS I thought would have been fixed by now , but maybe your car is one that has not , hope you get it sorted soon 🙂

Yeah we just got back from a short trip by holding our breath and coasting it downhill. Set off for a 104mi round trip, with 140mi and 100% advertised. About 10mi from home on the return, car says 20mi remaining, and starts dropping range every 30s. Had to hold our breath, kill the heating (crack the windows so we didn’t fog up) and absolutely cross our fingers. When Maps said 2mi to home, the ZS stated range was “- - -“ 🤣 Me and the missus NOT impressed.

What actually happens when the car loses power? I don’t really want to find out.

I do 70 to 80 miles a day. some times 120mile a day. The long range is currently show 230mile vs 273mile advertised. I think you can achieve it in the summer. Also don't do motorway driving. It will reduce 1/3 of the range.
My new MG long range only showing 210 miles in full charge . Also if I put in eco mode it’s not heating properly, it’s cold. Is there any option to make sure the car I got is really a long range as they told or a normal one.??

My new MG long range only showing 210 miles in full charge . Also if I put in eco mode it’s not heating properly, it’s cold. Is there any option to make sure the car I got is really a long range as they told or a normal one.??
Eco turns the heating off and 210 miles is normal for a LR right now.
Just look forward to being delighted in spring when a bit of warmer weather makes it jump up to 270 miles.

Eco turns the heating off and 210 miles is normal for a LR right now.
Just look forward to being delighted in spring when a bit of warmer weather makes it jump up to 270 miles.
Even it shows 210 miles, the actual miles is way less than that, maybe 150 miles realistically. This is far less than the advertised miles which is misleading.

Even it shows 210 miles, the actual miles is way less than that, maybe 150 miles realistically. This is far less than the advertised miles which is misleading.
Have you actually driven those miles? The Guess-O-Meter struggles to give an accurate guesstimate in cold weather. You will find you have more milage in the battery than the car thinks. Also, ECO mode doesn't turn off the heating, it throttles it back so it takes longer to get to the desired temprature

Have you actually driven those miles? The Guess-O-Meter struggles to give an accurate guesstimate in cold weather. You will find you have more milage in the battery than the car thinks. Also, ECO mode doesn't turn off the heating, it throttles it back so it takes longer to get to the desired temprature
The actual miles got is around 140- 150.for a full charge, the cars meter showed 210 miles with a full charge. In The eco mode the car is not heating to a comfortable temperature.

I regularly charge our Trophy LR to 80% SOC and it reports a predicted range of 212 miles on the GOM.
It has done this consistently until the temperature really started to drop in the last week or so.
The car is frozen solid at the moment and charged to 80%.
The predicted mileage has reduced to 199 miles at -1 degrees and -2 INSIDE of the car.
I will upload a picture of its current status.

76BAD768-8B54-4E89-8A3F-9333AFF3F121.jpeg

008F044E-AF6C-47DF-AEB2-4826C7EA33FE.jpeg

The actual miles got is around 140- 150.for a full charge, the cars meter showed 210 miles with a full charge. In The eco mode the car is not heating to a comfortable temperature.
Are you using your remote heater a lot? I've noticed that my actual range seems to be less than the GOM's already reduced range. But I do short journey's with pre heating before I start. That's always going to kill the overall range
It's not an issue at the moment, as I have access to cheap charging, it just means that I need to charge a little more often

I did my commute to work last night 2200 and back this morning 0500 at -4 60miles 70mph heating 24 normal mode on used 30% battery I was happy with that I normally do it with 20% battery

I’m abit dubious just got out ZS EV long range and atm on a full charge it’s only displaying no more than 189 miles.. surely the weather hasn’t affected it that much? I’m worried there’s something wrong, we haven’t reset just yet but the weather has been quieter mild ( around 6-10c) not doing much driving only piping to the shops. Any ideas?? Called the dealership and they weren’t oo helful

Hey guys, does anyone experience charging their mg zs ev, all night and only getting 109 miles out of 163miles... this milage in the weather is really not convenient for my busy schedule that I do in and around Birmingham only.. I pop in eco mode and have really cold heating. So have not choice to drive in normal mode which is 100 miles buy the time I get in the car an turn it on..
Doe anyone else experience any of these problem?
Thank you
Hi guys, i have an mg4 ev, had it for 4 months, when fully charged, it used to say 267- 271 miles, but the last few charges, mine is only saying around 230??, i can understand this either, it is summer time, not winter, i am also not happy with this??, anyone else getting this from an mg4??,cheers

Depends on how you drive. If you don't reset the GOM then it will calculate range depending on your drive history. If you reset the GOM then you should see the range somewhere near where it was when you first got the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom