MG Phev apple car play

Do you charge your phone with a cable if so you may need to clean out the socket that you plug into. Check with a magnifying glass to see if dirt is in there you can get W40 contact clearer from Halford to spray in and evaporate it a way. If bad look up up on YouTube how to clean it out. I use a Bluetooth unit call Car2play for apple phones which again look up on YouTube. If after cleaning the phone socket could be lose and need replacing.

I have this problem on my ZS, tried official cables and so on, new iPhone, still randomly drops out. I've put it down to the USB port - may be dirty as @Jto says or faulty. I've just learned to live with it for now.

Any one have problems with apple CarPlay randomly disconnects? And solutions ? Have tried apple supplied cable and others . Thanks.
Have had the same since purchasing the car in July ‘21 and, despite trying new cables and cleaning both the car’s USB and my phone’s charging port, I have still not found a solution. It is most annoying (and dangerous) when you’re on a call or using the CarPlay maps for directions and it cuts out, leaving you desperately scrambling around in a moving car. Had it happen so many times but I’m still struggling to “live with it”. Inbuilt satnav is horrific and no other functions on screen work (HVAC etc) when you’re in an active call. Can’t believe these type of significant errors made it through testing/ quality checking and into production AND STILL have no fix.

Hi all, have the same problem with mine, I thought that apple car play was supposed to work through Bluetooth ?I can’t get it to connect at all with my phone and it’s really annoying!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all, have the same problem with mine, I thought that apple car play was supposed to work through Bluetooth ?I can’t get it to connect at all with my phone and it’s really annoying!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Not Bluetooth on this car use car2play adapter look up on Youtube.

Have had the same since purchasing the car in July ‘21 and, despite trying new cables and cleaning both the car’s USB and my phone’s charging port, I have still not found a solution. It is most annoying (and dangerous) when you’re on a call or using the CarPlay maps for directions and it cuts out, leaving you desperately scrambling around in a moving car. Had it happen so many times but I’m still struggling to “live with it”. Inbuilt satnav is horrific and no other functions on screen work (HVAC etc) when you’re in an active call. Can’t believe these type of significant errors made it through testing/ quality checking and into production AND STILL have no fix.
So after trying ANOTHER new cable, it seemed to fix the issue. Not sure how or why but since I’ve been using this new cable, it’s not dropped out on me even once. Really dodgy man…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom