Mg phev full charge mileage shown

Delboy102000

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
My car is now eight months old and has only covered 4000 miles to date.
It has been charged on my home 7kw Podpoint and I have never used the granny charger.
It used to show 32 miles at 100% full charge but is now showing 31 miles when it stops charging and 100%.
Has anyone else experienced this or do I need to be looking further into it.
Also when accelerating hard away from a roundabout the other morning the battery , in normal hybrid mode went from 90% to 86% within a mile.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6715.jpeg
    IMG_6715.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 45
Mine is about a year old and I have had the same issue with mileage dropping to 31 miles now when fully charged. No idea why. Appreciate if someone on here can share if they know the reason.

It has been charged on my home 7kw Podpoint and I have never used the granny charger.
It used to show 32 miles at 100% full charge but is now showing 31 miles when it stops charging and 100%.
Also when accelerating hard away from a roundabout the other morning the battery , in normal hybrid mode went from 90% to 86% within a mile.
Hi @Delboy102000 you are showing as 'driving' a ZS not an HS is this correct?

Hi @Delboy102000 you are showing as 'driving' a ZS not an HS is this correct?
Of course not. I changed my Zs long range trophy for a PHEV last year. I have actually had 9 SAic Mg’s over the last 12 years.

Of course not. I changed my Zs long range trophy for a PHEV last year. I have actually had 9 SAic Mg’s over the last 12 years.
I forgot I hadn’t changed my profile. I have now of course. Thanks for reminding.

I notice that the handbook quotes a fully charged DC voltage as being 376V DC.
After fully charging mine is only 369V so this indicates a 2% drop after only 4000 miles. This does not look good imho.
Also although the book talks about equalisation charges I can find no way of the car going into equalisation, as it just stops at 100%. I am sure I will be told this is normal but I am slightly concerned over a discernible drop in ev range range at such a young age.

Last edited by a moderator:
My car went down to 31 miles in the first year. It’s now 30 months old and after c20k miles still showing 31 miles so I’m not concerned.

Both issues normal, it is essentially the battery aging, equivalent to running in a IC engine. Who cares about one mile, you've said that a heavy right foot soon reduces the battery charge level! Enjoy the car, mine has been fine during the 2 years I've driven it from new!

A
Both issues normal, it is essentially the battery aging, equivalent to running in a IC engine. Who cares about one mile, you've said that a heavy right foot soon reduces the battery charge level! Enjoy the car, mine has been fine during the 2 years I've driven it from new!
it is only an enquiry to see how other cars have compared. Thanks for your comment but I asked out of interest, not concerns or worries.
Having had full electrics as well I am interested to see how battery degradation is progressing on these cars in comparison, so yes I do care in an interested way.

My mg phev is just over 1 year old now and it still shows the full kms to travel from a full charge. that total hasnt changed at all so no degradation.
We also have a tesla powerwall battery on our solar in the house.
Tesla warrants that battery if it drops below 70% in 10 years then they will replace the battery, I would imagine the 7 year warranty on the MG battery would be similar. Our tesla pw battery is 4 years old now and is still showing 0% degradation on it.
From the mg warranty statement : The vehicle is covered for a period of 7 years and Unlimited Kilometres and 7 years and Unlimited Kilometres Battery Warranty.

Last edited:
My mg phev is just over 1 year old now and it still shows the full kms to travel from a full charge. that total hasnt changed at all so no degradation.
We also have a tesla powerwall battery on our solar in the house.
Tesla warrants that battery if it drops below 70% in 10 years then they will replace the battery, I would imagine the 7 year warranty on the MG battery would be similar. Our tesla pw battery is 4 years old now and is still showing 0% degradation on it.
From the mg warranty statement : The vehicle is covered for a period of 7 years and Unlimited Kilometres and 7 years and Unlimited Kilometres Battery Warranty.
Thanks for that. Next time you fully charge cann you look at your DC voltage and let me know what it says. Thanks

..but it only shows 31 miles ev range.
31-32 miles seems to be the standard EV range for the PHEV in the UK. The Australia/New Zealand version must have a slightly bigger battery. The standard electric range with a full charge for us is 62km, approx 38.5 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the display says and the number of miles that you can actually do are not the same thing. It very much depends on how you drive. If you're careful then 35 miles on a charge is very easy to achieve and 38 miles is possible.

What the display says and the number of miles that you can actually do are not the same thing. It very much depends on how you drive. If you're careful then 35 miles on a charge is very easy to achieve and 38 miles is possible.
Agreed, but my comment and question is geared completely to the nominal full charge quoted mileage and dc voltage being delivered by the drive battery.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom