Mg phev full charge mileage shown

Same observed in my MG HS PHEV as well.
1yr old. The range is down to 31miles after full charge. Before it used to show 32 after full charge.

Thanks.

I have owned both Gen1 and Gen2 models of the ZS EV over the last four years.
Prior to that, we had a VW Golf PHEV.
It had a reported predicted range on the GOM of about 30 miles, after a full charge for the first 12 months of ownership from new.
Then it dropped down to 29 miles of predicted range at around 12 months and then reduced to 28 miles the following year.
At the fourth year, it only reported 27 - 28 miles of predicted range after a full charge.
The car was charged from our home wall box as often as possible of course.
Battery degradation was definitely a thing, but having the back up of a fossil engine eliminates any range worries of course.
Other owners of the same car, reported similar declines in estimated range over the same time frame and milage covered.
Small packs, with constant regular charging cycles may contribute to this effect ?.
I really did like my time owing a PHEV, but in order to maximise the efficiency / economy of these heavy cars, you need to be charging them at every opportunity.
They are not so economical without the help / assistance of the EV side of things TBH.

Car 3 years old and 31000 miles on the clock. Range went down from 32 to 31 after about 9 or 10 months and has stayed at 31 ever since.

As has been said above, you can get more than that in normal temperature conditions. I live 18 miles from Chelmsford and can often get there and back on electric only if I drive sensibly.

So the answer to the original question is that it seems perfectly normal for the HS PHEV.

Don't talk to me about service costs though. Just being quoted over £600 for a 3rd year service from multiple MG dealers. It appears it needs a transmission fluid change EVERY 3 years! At that price the stuff must be liquid gold :(

Don't talk to me about service costs though. Just being quoted over £600 for a 3rd year service from multiple MG dealers. It appears it needs a transmission fluid change EVERY 3 years! At that price the stuff must be liquid gold :(
I found the service costs on the PHEV ramped up very quickly after the first year of ownership TBH.
You are serving two masters here, you have the demands of the ICE plus any items required by the EV side of the picture.
Even for a low mileage user case, the engine oil and filter had to replaced every 12 months or 10,000 miles, which every came first.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom