MG Pilot opinions invited

Aussieinuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
G’day All
How do you find MG Pilot? Does it work well in traffic? Will it stop the car, or do you always have to be in full control. Wondering if it is worth it or whether I should go for the MG 5 for the extra range.

I use MG Pilot on motorways it takes the strain away, I was in a big queue on the motorway on Friday night and believe me it stops and starts keeping up with the traffic, its a very strange feeling but it certainly works

I have test driven the MG 5 and liked it a lot. But I'd miss the lack radar cruise, the emergency braking, blind spot warning etc etc...but I do like its extra range!

On balance I've decided to to stay with my ZS EV.

Hopefully in the coming months MG will extend the range of the ZS or up-spec the MG5!

Then I will trade up. ;)

I am a taxi driver in London, MG Pilot works well, is very good in motorway, in the city, is OK, I am a little unhappy with the noise and suddenly stop the mg pilot makes when came to a full stop.

I am a taxi driver in London, MG Pilot works well, is very good in motorway, in the city, is OK, I am a little unhappy with the noise and suddenly stop the mg pilot makes when came to a full stop.
works well but find my self with foot over brake in case it doesn't when in traffic, the braking can be noisy

I'd say always go for more range, if you can afford it.

If you can't afford a Tesla, non-Tesla charging is still a big a problem in the UK.

After comfort update 2, I find MG Pilot excellent on the motorway. It is also great on stop and start traffic (although I do find myself hovering over the brakes sometimes just in case... But it hasn't let me down yet so maybe I'm being too cautious!). I don't use it in city as I don't think (but untested) it would cope that well... And in any case, I'd prefer to "drive" myself in a city due to more potential unknowns.

I use mine at all times on all roads. Generally j really like the system but the traffic jam assist is pretty poor and terribly inconsistent.
I've had a few cars with ACC and traffic jam assist and the MG is pretty poor in comparison.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom