MG Pilot

peterseddon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have after 6 weeks of thinking that MG pilot was a bit naff as it just wrenched you from side to side of the lane. After watching a vid on YouTube I found the I didn't even have it on. Nowhere in the manual that I can find does it say to activate MG Pilot you have the pull the ACC stalk towards you twice quickly. I then saw the three cars next to the lane keeping light and the car then took over steering the car. You learn something every day with this car.

Yeah, when MG Pilot is not engaged, you might have lane assist on, and that system is a lot less accurate, it tends to kick you from one line to the other and back.

I feel it is a shame, that they dont have an option for MG Pilot to just be on all of the time, without having to remember to pull the stalk at every startup

Not immediately clear, but from the manual…

5975B57B-AB0C-479B-9A65-CEE708185D1C.jpeg

7F08675A-C26C-43A6-93A4-CF70741D659E.jpeg

Yes I read all that but nowhere does in mention MG Pilot. With only ACC engaged it would follow the car in front and come to a stop when it stopped so I thought that was MG Pilot working. I used the full system on the motorway yesterday and it's good but not great, you still have to keep your wits about you because it can stray over the RH lane marking at times.

Yes I read all that but nowhere does in mention MG Pilot. With only ACC engaged it would follow the car in front and come to a stop when it stopped so I thought that was MG Pilot working. I used the full system on the motorway yesterday and it's good but not great, you still have to keep your wits about you because it can stray over the RH lane marking at times.

MG Pilot is a collection of driving different driver aids. Traffic assist is one of the features and provides lane centre driving as stated in the manual.

Mine (Gen 1) still tugs me from side to side. I have LKA off but MG Pilot on, so I know it's Pilot that's engaged and not just LKA.
One thing I have noticed though is that the brakes don't make the horrible graunching sound in traffic any more like they did earlier on in the car's life when I used it, I guess the pads have bedded in.

I have after 6 weeks of thinking that MG pilot was a bit naff as it just wrenched you from side to side of the lane. After watching a vid on YouTube I found the I didn't even have it on. Nowhere in the manual that I can find does it say to activate MG Pilot you have the pull the ACC stalk towards you twice quickly. I then saw the three cars next to the lane keeping light and the car then took over steering the car. You learn something every day with this car.
Thanks Pete it’s things like this that help new e/v drivers

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom