MG Pilot

Jonny M

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Is it a good idea to keep the radar sensor black box on the front bumper clean at all times as this controls the cruise and distance from vehicle front.

Yes. Absolutely.

Also be prepared for the car to effectively go 'YOU'RE GOING TO DIE - Oh. As you were, big leaf, soz'.

Using ACC for the first time. Every so often a warning: “MG Pilot has quit” comes up. Often seems to be as I pass a lorry. Comes back on within a few seconds. Is this normal? Also, first half of the journey MG Pilot activated itself, second part it didn’t. Checked in settings and it said it was on.. Anyone any advice?

Last edited:
Serious answers to my question would be appreciated.

An attitude like this isn't going to endear you to the people who are able to help you. A sense of humour is always appreciated on a forum, and you would benefit from not taking everything so seriously.

I thought it was a rhetorical question.

Please bear in mind that people visiting this forum have a wide variety of experience and knowledge from absolutely none to expert. If we cater for and are welcoming to people at all levels of expertise, then the forum will grow and thrive best.
So please be understanding of people who ask questions which, to you, seem obvious. Because to most people (unfamiliar with EVs) they are probably not.

Using ACC for the first time. Every so often a warning: “MG Pilot has quit” comes up. Often seems to be as I pass a lorry. Comes back on within a few seconds. Is this normal? Also, first half of the journey MG Pilot activated itself, second part it didn’t. Checked in settings and it said it was on.. Anyone any advice?
Was it raining? or the road wet? My ZS gen1 didn't like it when it was, VERY WET. I assumed it was the same for everyone.

No. Dry and fine.
That doesn't sound right, I'd get them to have a look at the next service. The trouble with this is it sounds intermittent so, of course, you won't be able to show them, 'cos it'll never happen on cue.

A car in front of me braked to turn left. I was well in control with plenty of space behind anD suddenly the ZF decided to do a full on emergency stop. Frightened the bloody life out of me. Highly dangerous as well because if there had have been a car behind it may have run in to me. It's very sensitive.

Is it a good idea to keep the radar sensor black box on the front bumper clean at all times as this controls the cruise and distance from vehicle front.
Definitely. I have a Citroen C5 Across and when the radar gets too dirty, the car asks me to take control if in adaptive cruise control and it won't allow it to be set again. In addition, faults regarding all distance measuring safety features being disabled comes up (city crash, pedestrian detection, etc)

A car in front of me braked to turn left. I was well in control with plenty of space behind anD suddenly the ZF decided to do a full on emergency stop. Frightened the bloody life out of me. Highly dangerous as well because if there had have been a car behind it may have run in to me. It's very sensitive.
Can you turn this function off ?

Yes you can turn it off. Downright dangerous when traffic slows down turning left. Pilot stands on the brakes and your just waiting for the boot lid to end up behind your ears. I only ever use it on the motorway, it definitely keeps you alert when driving:rolleyes:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom