mg sells x amount of ev

They are going to prioritise mainland Europe deliveries too as it's cheaper to deliver cars on the road than it is on a boat. Plus Brexit doesn't help with the additional customs requirements and forms... it all adds up to companies putting us at the bottom of the list because we are "harder" to deliver to.

They are going to prioritise mainland Europe deliveries too as it's cheaper to deliver cars on the road than it is on a boat.

The Chinese don't send cars via road (or train - they will not allow EVs because of the battery) to Western Europe - they all arrive via ship.

Plus Brexit doesn't help with the additional customs requirements and forms

Which aren't in force yet.

MG just don't sell as quickly in the UK, hence people are still buying pre-registered cars at discounts despite the lack of supply of most EVs.

The Chinese don't send cars via road (or train - they will not allow EVs because of the battery) to Western Europe - they all arrive via ship.

Which aren't in force yet.

MG just don't sell as quickly in the UK, hence people are still buying pre-registered cars at discounts despite the lack of supply of most EVs.
On the first point, it is still cheaper to get a ship to mainland europe than it is the UK, simple distance calculations can prove that point.

On the second point... You trying to tell me that there aren't already additional things that companies have to do to get goods into the UK? I have seen the additional forms that are required to get goods out of the UK so don't tell me that the government made it harder for us without putting the same in place for foreign imports.

You trying to tell me that there aren't already additional things that companies have to do to get goods into the UK?

You asked me not to tell you - but as you've had dealings with this Government you can guess.

On the first point, it is still cheaper to get a ship to mainland europe than it is the UK, simple distance calculations can prove that point.

What route do you think ships take from Shanghai to Northern Europe (e.g. Germany)?
Straight up the Channel.

You asked me not to tell you - but as you've had dealings with this Government you can guess.

What route do you think ships take from Shanghai to Northern Europe (e.g. Germany)?
Straight up the Channel.
Also where do most large container vessels first stop in Europe (not EU ) 😉
The large port in the city that’s 20miles from my home in Gosport and I’ve been in to twice this week for work dropping and collecting a container

I would have thought chinese deliveries to Europe would go straight to Rotterdam ?? Biggest container port in Europe isn't it ?
Which is further than Portbury (Bristol), the main port for importing MGs into the UK

Surely "Container Port" is irrelevant for cars, most are driven on and off dedicated car transporters at dedicated port facilities. I see rows and rows of vehicles as I go over the bridge at Bristol so presumably there is one there.

Surely "Container Port" is irrelevant for cars, most are driven on and off dedicated car transporters at dedicated port facilities. I see rows and rows of vehicles as I go over the bridge at Bristol so presumably there is one there.
See post immediately above yours :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom