MG service plan/s

Richie

Established Member
Reaction score
I just watched the last podcast and one particular interesting thing was the discussion regarding service charge. Basically, it seems £400 paid for the three-year plan.

Three questions I have for this forum:

1. How much you paid for the service plan and from which area/dealer?
2. Can you buy a two-year plane for example?
3. If you sell the vehicle before the service plan ends, does the plan stay with the vehicle or can you transfer it to the next MG or get a refund?

The reason a I ask the last question is from experience i.e. I bought a new Range Rover Evoque and took the JLR 3 year service plan, when I came to part exchange the vehicle the service plan had to stay with that vehicle so I basically lost 2 years cost. The next time I bought a "dealer group fixed service plan" from the same dealership paid monthly, this covered everything the JLR one did but that plan could be transferred to the next purchase for any make of vehicle within that dealer group. Alternative I could get a full refund on my payments to date less any services taken. This is what happened after one year with my LR Discovery that I sold back to the dealer in preparation for the up-and-coming MG5 to partner our LS EV.

It does appear between us we only keep our cars around one to two years anyway, so far but..................... getting older, maybe in the future might keep them longer!

Hi

I picked my car up from chorley last friday and having read forums before noticed most peoples service plans were for 36 months, i made sure i asked for 48 months to cover 4th service

Servicing Details

Additional Items Included

1 / 15000 miles 18 Dec 2021 Manufacturer

2 / 30000 miles 18 Dec 2022 Manufacturer

3 / 45000 miles 18 Dec 2023 Manufacturer

Discounted MOT £39

4 / 60000 miles 18 Dec 2024 Manufacturer

Discounted MOT £39

£15.54 per month

Previous service plans I have had with EMAC you pay monthly and cost of each service is taken from the accumulated pot. If the car is sold then stop payments and refund the remaining balance. Payments are arranged so the account is always in credit. The plan I have with MG is for 5 years as I intend keeping the car and the payments are £15.**/month as above which according to the service schedule will mean the account is always in credit.

3 year included would of been a great benefit, still happy with schedule as more than half the price of my last car
I got 3 years servicing, free home charger and free type 2 cable, all super convenient, but when this offer was on there were no discounts on the vehicle price, so it's swings and roundabouts really.
The prices shown on the 3 year free service schedule were, £72 for years 1 & 3 and £137 for year 2 (I assume because they seem so cheap they would be plus VAT).
The list price was £32.5k (with protection pack, dynamic red paint and GuardX paint protection) and I got the £3k government grant and £4k dealer deposit contribution on a PCP so paid £25.5k. I paid off the PCP 10 days later costing me just £21 in interest.

I asked a similar question in a previous thread and a number of people have provided the details you are after.

Have a look at the MG site below. You can select dealers from all over the country and see what individual services & service plans cost. There’s a lot of variance across the country and they always end up being more expensive than the individual services

Previous service plans I have had with EMAC you pay monthly and cost of each service is taken from the accumulated pot. If the car is sold then stop payments and refund the remaining balance. Payments are arranged so the account is always in credit. The plan I have with MG is for 5 years as I intend keeping the car and the payments are £15.**/month as above which according to the service schedule will mean the account is always in credit.
Thanks Jake, I think your the only one that has answered my question from the start of the thread.
My last service plan also EMAC as I stated was refundable or change to a new vehicle within the dealer group only but they don't all do that and stay with the vehicle when sold as did the manufacturers JLR plan/s.
Any others had this experience and what is the MG UK view on this?

By the way 5 years seems like a lifetime to keep a car!

Thanks Jake, I think your the only one that has answered my question from the start of the thread.
My last service plan also EMAC as I stated was refundable or change to a new vehicle within the dealer group only but they don't all do that and stay with the vehicle when sold as did the manufacturers JLR plan/s.

I used to think that too. However as you get older :-( I found that I changed less and less frequently. We traded in my wife's Fiesta to get the ZS EV, she'd had it from new since 2007. My old oil burner is a year older than that.

Remember your service contract is with the dealer not MG UK. If the dealer goes bust MG UK will not want to know.

Remember your service contract is with the dealer not MG UK. If the dealer goes bust MG UK will not want to know.
My dealer is a family concern 'dealing' since 1972 with a loyal customer base. My crystal ball doesn't see them going bust. If they did then I stop the monthly payments. In the meantime I know the prices for the next 5 years.

There is very little to service on an EV compared to an ICE car.
Yes, I agree. I wonder what is actually done at each service? I can’t seem to find a list of items that are completed. I was told that coolant gets changed at 60k miles? Thanks

Yes, I agree. I wonder what is actually done at each service? I can’t seem to find a list of items that are completed. I was told that coolant gets changed at 60k miles? Thanks
Search this forum and you'll find it, the service schedule has been posted up.

Search this forum and you'll find it, the service schedule has been posted up.
I’ve tried but can’t find any info. The service schedules provides details on intervals between servicing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom