MG SERVICE PORTFOLIO BOOKLET

dundee1961

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi , we finally got Our MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE last Wednesday and we are loving it ...... but in Car Folder we did not have Service Portfolio Book ?
I phoned the dealer and they said you dont get one ..its all online ... but i'm old fashioned and like my service book .
Is it meant to come with the Service Portfolio Book ?
Did anyone else get one or told the same?
Thank you

Last edited:
Hi , we finally got Our MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE last Wednesday and we are loving it ...... but in Car Folder we did not have Service Portfolio Book ?
I phoned the dealer and they said you dont get one ..its all online ... but i'm old fashioned and like my service book .
Thank you
I picked up my MG ZS EV this morning and was told the same thing, that all servicing is online. I said I liked the book to keep track but they don’t even have them to access apparently.

Also what happens if you decide not to use an MG garage..
How does your service get updated?

Also what happens if you decide not to use an MG garage..
How does your service get updated?
Simple answer - It doesn't !.
If you used a third party to service your car, it is really important to retain the paper copy receipts.
Oh ....... You will not get your extended A.A. recovery service cover, or a free "Morris" the bear unless you use a main dealer also !.
They have already given this some thought 💭 !.
Proof of your service record ( if using a third party ) will be really important if you require any warranty work carried out by your MG main dealer, that’s for sure !.
Checking the service record on a car requiring a warranty claim, will be the very first thing they will check / require before carrying out the work.
Any opportunity to reject the claim for work, will be taken if your service record is not 100% complete to the MG protocol.

Last edited:
We weren't saying we were not using MG i was only asking .
All cars ive owned have always been serviced yearly .

Must not give them any chance to wriggle out of the warranty. I don’t think we have the opportunity to check the online record of our car at any time which is a bit concerning.

Got my zs ev serviced yesterday. £29 for first service as I have only done 3k miles.
I found it disconcerting not to have a device book or any electronic record of this having been done bar an invoice. This is getting main stream with more marques but on my lexus I can see the history on the app.
Another way of making sure that you don’t go to any 3rd party garages.

Thank you
Just got service done yesterday and no book...all online.. i want a book but cant get one

Just got service done yesterday and no book...all online.. i want a book but cant get one
I agree it’s a bit confusing especially when buying a car 2nd hand and the dealer tells you it’s been serviced it’s all done online but you can’t see this info for yourself. At least with a paper copy you have piece of mind I guess !!!!

You can download the service portfolio book from MG as a PDF, then print.

I agree it’s a bit confusing especially when buying a car 2nd hand and the dealer tells you it’s been serviced it’s all done online but you can’t see this info for yourself. At least with a paper copy you have piece of mind I guess !!!!
The problem for a secondhand buyer is the paper copies or receipts cannot be passed on to the new owner by the dealer due to data protection, because they have the previous owner's name on them. The dealer destroys them when you trade in.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom