MG should do a setting where previous settings are saved.

smoked

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I tend to drive mostly at night and one of the things i hate is the brightness of the screen seems to go to max every time - even if the setting is shown as minimum.

you have to put it to the middle and then lower it fully again.

Bluetooth seems random - sometimes it connects straight away other times i have to manually connect it

The start the car up in eco mode rather than having to switch it over.

I am really missing memory seats
At my age I'm just missing memory. 🤔
Remember Samuel L Jackson GIF by Apple TV+

I don't think this is an MG issue though, my wife's MX-30 does the same thing with its regen level, even putting it in reverse or using cruise control resets the regen level.

I do worry about talk of changes to present system. OTA updates as originally billed seem to have evaporated. Past history of BMS updating on Gen1 ZS EVs was not a smooth exercise and still muddied by many dealers actions or lack of.

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem with OTA updates is most likely manufactures server capacity. To provide large updates remotely to many customers at a time would require far more IT resources than the connected services require and even then the App is not the most responsive thing.

Also some critical updates have the potential to brick the units in the car if not performed correctly which is another limiting factor to what can be provided OTA. When these updates are done at the dealers, they sometimes but failsafe devices onto the battery to prevent it dying during the update.

I do worry about talk of changes to present system. OTA updates as originally billed seem to have evaporated. Past history of BMS updating on Gen1 ZS EVs was not a smooth exercise and still muddied by many dealers actions or lack of.
In Denmark they still have the OTA part on the website for the Luxury variant

Firmware over-the-air (FOTA) Updates

I have no MG ZS EV at the moment so i can not check, but i presume that until now there has still been just about 0 updates via OTA ?

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem with OTA updates is most likely manufactures server capacity. To provide large updates remotely to many customers at a time would require far more IT resources than the connected services require and even then the App is not the most responsive thing.

Also some critical updates have the potential to brick the units in the car if not performed correctly which is another limiting factor to what can be provided OTA. When these updates are done at the dealers, they sometimes but failsafe devices onto the battery to prevent it dying during the update.
Honestly, if this is down to package sizes and the onboard simcard's dataplan, they could just be honest about it, and then make people connect to their home wifi, and then do the update that way.

I have a 300/300 fibre internet connection, with no limit on usage, so it would not be a problem for me if it wanted to download a few Gb's via that.

They could even make me download it and put it on a USB stick like with the map updates and update it that way, if that would be safer.

I would not be worried about the battery, just let the car be turned on, then the HV battery should keep the 12V battery topped off, right ?

Only thing that would miff me off, would be if they promised this and there were never an update sent this way in reality.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom