Mg smart app won’t bind

katieicklow

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I recently got a new phone and had to re download the mg smart app. Now when I log in it won’t bind. I was told to unbind from my old phone but it won’t allow me to do this. When I try and bind from my new phone it says QR code not recognised

Solution
If Susanna's advice doesn't work then you can do a factory reset through the infotainment, followed by a complete shut down/get out/lock/wait 60 seconds/unlock and get back in but you will then have to re enter all your settings/saved radio stations etc.
You shouldn’t need to rebind the car, as it’s bound to your account not to a specific phone. You should be able to just log in with your details.

Upvote 0
If Susanna's advice doesn't work then you can do a factory reset through the infotainment, followed by a complete shut down/get out/lock/wait 60 seconds/unlock and get back in but you will then have to re enter all your settings/saved radio stations etc.

Upvote 0
Solution
You shouldn’t need to rebind the car, as it’s bound to your account not to a specific phone. You should be able to just log in with your details.
I think I deleted my account by mistake and when I re registered it won’t bind. Maybe that’s why the qr code won’t work.

Upvote 0
Amazing. How do I do that?

Upvote 0
@katieicklow unfortunately, the above is unlikely to work. Did you use the same details for your account? If you tried a new login, that may be the reason. The car won’t allow itself to bind to a new account, that would be a huge security risk if your car was stolen, for example.
When I changed my phone, everything just migrated to the new one. I didn’t need to do anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It won’t let you bind again, because it’s still bound to your account. You need to use the original details to reactivate your account
I have logged in with original details but there is no unbind option in the app. It keeps saying bind then this comes up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 1
On the app, click on the car reg at the top of the page that shows your battery soc, then on the next page, you should see ‘unbind’ in red above the picture of the car.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom