Mg smart app

Barry wood

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had the car 2 weeks now.The smart app is rubbish absolute pain in the asre.The car is difficult to charge because of it.Amazon music in the car only works when it feels like it cutting out mid song.had amazon music on my phone for years works fine.
The car itself is ok only ok .
I just wish id had another 10k to buy something better.electric wise i cant fault it

Amazing how many manufacturers don't seem to realise how important software is to car ownership and usability. I'm hoping that the over the air updates will be a reasonably common occurrence to fix issues but will have to wait and see. I do wonder if customer issues is like a game of chinese whispers and so issues will remain unresolved unless the region specific MGs can have more input on QA and requirements.

Amazing how many manufacturers don't seem to realise how important software is to car ownership and usability. I'm hoping that the over the air updates will be a reasonably common occurrence to fix issues but will have to wait and see. I do wonder if customer issues is like a game of chinese whispers and so issues will remain unresolved unless the region specific MGs can have more input on QA and requirements.
Agreed. It's one thing Tesla got right from the start, and Volkswagon totally screwed up. The ID3 launch was delayed for months because the cars were bricked by the software.

Im struggling to charge mine up.its hit and miss if it decides to accept a charge or not esp fast chargers

Barry have you gone back to the dealer over charging I have gone back to my dealer over other things I have a mg5 and they have helped me a lot 👍

Im struggling to charge mine up.its hit and miss if it decides to accept a charge or not esp fast chargers
Did you have the generation 1 MG ZS EV? Or another elec vehicle. Is it using the app with rapid chargers or just rapids in general, because the rapid chargers do get some getting used to. Some brands are much better than others, and I find on long journeys I gravitate towards the good ones, and just presume the bad ones arent working.

Was at Leigh Delamere yesterday and theyve finally replaced the old Ecotricity ones with Gridserve. But there's only one!!! Whats the point.

@dpa will hopefully start a new thread when they have information back from their dealer as they have had charging issue too.

My car is a 2022 trophy connect.i think ive sussed the fast chargers at morrisons.yes there is a certain way of doing it.
I scheduled it to charge at home a few nights ago on the app worked fine.
Last night it didnt charge.if i want to demist the car can take forever for app to load then about three attempts before i get success.its quicker to go out and turn it on.
Still getting used to it i guess but frustrating atm

I've only been charging either at home (as I have a SyncEV 7Kw charger) or at work on a Rolec 7Kw and have to say, other than the odd screw up by me I have not had trouble charging my car.

The app is a pain in the arse at times. Since I got my ZS in February it has had an alarm that I cannot clear as it struggles to connect to GPS. But a lot of the time it's just slow to connect to the car. Plus it irks me that a major car company doesn't try to improve the English on both the car and app with too much Chinese approximate translations abound! That's fine on a £20 set of bluetooth headphones but not on a £28K or so car!

But I disagree that the car is "just OK". I had Alfa Romeos prior to this car which are far from "just OK" cars, they are wonderful. And in the 6 weeks or so I've had my ZS I have to say I really like it. It's much better than just OK in my opinion It's smooth, comfortable and very responsive. I'm also pleasantly surprised how well the car handles as well, despite what the motoring press claims!

I had an xc60 before this car and i can tell the difference there is no comparison on the motorway i find it just ok my opinion.
Around town and on A roads its good.
The volvo was doing 250 a month on diesel and 400 a year on tax so thats why it went.

Slight sidenote, has there actually been any OTA update for the radio since the car was released.

Hoping that there will be "regular" updates to improve existing functionality and maybe even extend functionality.

Hopefully we can get some OTA updates along the way, as well as the mobile app.
Still can't connect to my car. Have tried resetting the infotainment system, unbinding car in app and so on. Still no luck...
Have the EZ EV 2022 Long range

Hopefully we can get some OTA updates along the way, as well as the mobile app.
Still can't connect to my car. Have tried resetting the infotainment system, unbinding car in app and so on. Still no luck...
Have the EZ EV 2022 Long range
So no updates until now ?

I would have thought that there would be most updates and "tweaks" in the beginning.

Maybe "the infotainment can be updated OTA" does not actually Mean "the infotainment system WILL be updated"

So no updates until now ?

I would have thought that there would be most updates and "tweaks" in the beginning.

Maybe "the infotainment can be updated OTA" does not actually Mean "the infotainment system WILL be updated"
Just had the car for five days, but no updates so far! :p

The iSmart app finally connected to my car today.
I've been using Android auto with Google maps for navigation, but apparently when I started MG's navigation system and sat my home address, voila... I'm now connected and can control the car.
Weird.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom