MG to release software power upgrade?

I guess you just have to look at the Cyberster specs to see what an XPower could do as the drivetrains are pretty similar. Just a weight difference.

I wondered that, is the X Power actually limited to 124 mph, and would do more if not limited. 150-160 mph or more perhaps. Or is that it, won't do more than 124 mph. I know them sort of speeds are academic, but just curious. 🤔

Found this web page which gives you loads of equations to work out how much power is required to reach a certain speed. The only thing I didn't see mentioned is the performance of the battery in terms of cooling and how much power it can deliver at any time.

I wondered that, is the X Power actually limited to 124 mph, and would do more if not limited. 150-160 mph or more perhaps. Or is that it, won't do more than 124 mph. I know them sort of speeds are academic, but just curious. 🤔
I would guess the motor RPM will get too high over that speed.

I find these conversations about power / speed quite entertaining. I've had mine for 5 months now and have used the 'launch control' once. I've never even driven it in sport mode. It's ridiculously fast - for most traffic and road conditions - without the need for any additional power! Personally I'd rather have a longer range. Then maybe I could consider getting rid of the diesel second car.

I find these conversations about power / speed quite entertaining. I've had mine for 5 months now and have used the 'launch control' once. I've never even driven it in sport mode. It's ridiculously fast - for most traffic and road conditions - without the need for any additional power! Personally I'd rather have a longer range. Then maybe I could consider getting rid of the diesel second car.
You've had your X Power 5 months and never even driven it in Sport mode, and only used the launch control once o_O :oops::rolleyes: What a waste. 😉 Reading your post an MG4 Extended range would have been perfect for you, still no slouch but much longer range. 👍And as for the additional power post, purely curious what top speed would be if not limited to 124mph.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom