MG type 2 cable

dan1845

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the rating of the official MG type cable is or how I would find this out? I bought a 3 phase but car then came with MG cable so unsure which to sell or keep!

Thanks

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the rating of the official MG type cable is or how I would find this out? I bought a 3 phase but car then came with MG cable so unsure which to sell or keep!

Thanks
MG type2 cable is 32A 1ph so max you'll achieve is 7kW with a MG4 Throphy or SE LR

I would keep the single phase 32A type2 as a spare.
Have you got a tethered or untethered EVSE?

How much heavier is the 3 phase cable? If may be easier to use the signal phase on 7kW units and keep the 3 phase for the 11kW or 22kW EVSE'S

MG type2 cable is 32A 1ph so max you'll achieve is 7kW with a MG4 Throphy or SE LR
If the MG type 2 cable has five pins in the top and middle part (right connector in the picture), then it is a 16A 3 Phase cable. Hence it can load with 11 kW power.
If this connector has only 3 pins, then it is 32A 1 phase cable, and then Ayoull is right.
Cheers

Attachments

• anda_t2_cable_3.jpeg
    anda_t2_cable_3.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 54
If you want to confirm what any cable is look for these on the cable.
if the printing on the cable itself has 5*6mm and all pin’s present it’ll be 32amp 3 phase
if the printing on the cable itself has 5*6mm and L3 and L2 missing it’s 32amp single phase
if the printing on the cable itself has 3*6mm it’s 32amp single phase no matter the pins
if the printing has 2.5 instead of 6 or anything lower than 6 it’s a lower amperage (lower kilowatt) cable

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back