MG UK no longer accepting MG5 orders from 27th April

Miles Roberts CG

Prominent Member
MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Just had a bulletin sent out today from MG UK.

In order to prepare for the launch of a facelifted MG5 later in 2022, MG will not be accepting any orders for the current MG5 from end of business on Wednesday 27th April.

If you've been umming and arring about whether to push the button on an MG5, this is your last chance before they close the order books. I anticipate a price rise with the new model when it goes on sale at the end of 2022.

We have an offer on the current Exclusive LR model for £399 deposit, £399 per month: New MG5 Long Range Exclusive Deal | From £399 Per Month

End of 2022. Not long now...
May be some demos and a handful of early stock in Sept. Expect most customer orders won't be due until 2023 though.

Be interesting to see the price point and spec. Looks like I really got a good value for money deal.

So this means MG are only selling the MG3, ZS EV and HS? That's got to be killing the dealers.

So this means MG are only selling the MG3, ZS EV and HS? That's got to be killing the dealers.
The lack of stock of all vehicles, across all brands, is making it tough for dealers. Pretty much every model of every brand is 6-12 months lead time.

MG HS Exclusive petrol not making anymore at present. Got mine just in time. But fault with mirrors not folding and drivers window not coming down. Going back to garage Monday to fix hopefully. With what is going on in China with major covid outbreak we are lucky anything is getting built at present but will sure have a delay on new cars.

More to the point, does this mean that the re-sale price of an MG5 short range is likely to be higher because of the perceived shortages?

Seems like a good time to move on my 5 and wait for a facelift car (which I think is far better looking) at the end of the year.

More to the point, does this mean that the re-sale price of an MG5 short range is likely to be higher because of the perceived shortages?

Seems like a good time to move on my 5 and wait for a facelift car (which I think is far better looking) at the end of the year.
If you can afford to, yes. Just beware a few of us have taken this approach and sold our cars and facing delays on new models..

We've just put up a new offer (obviously time limited till Wednesday) for the MG5 LR Exclusive at £3,999 deposit, £299 per month (works out around £25 a month less than the low deposit offer I posted above, when you amortise the deposit over the term - £1200 saving over 4 years).

I would not be selling any ev at present unless you are sure your next ev will arrive in a few days. One month using an ICE car might cost you an additional £200 so 3 to 6 month wait could cost you 600-1200 and having to drive a smelly ICE.

I was in Sweden over the Easter break visiting family. My father-in-law was very interested to hear all about our MG5 LR as there was currently an offer on at his local dealer for the new facelift version. 2690 SEK a month (around £240) for 1000 miles a month on the top spec car, delivery by end of year. They had a model in at the showroom for test drives but were unfortunately closed due to the holidays.
I've not heard yet whether he's been for a test drive but will update if I hear.

Three versions of the MG5 in around two years or so, with each pre-facelift version withdrawn, its a bit like a premier league team shirt..... thank you very much MG

I was in Sweden over the Easter break visiting family. My father-in-law was very interested to hear all about our MG5 LR as there was currently an offer on at his local dealer for the new facelift version. 2690 SEK a month (around £240) for 1000 miles a month on the top spec car, delivery by end of year. They had a model in at the showroom for test drives but were unfortunately closed due to the holidays.
I've not heard yet whether he's been for a test drive but will update if I hear.
£240 a month and 12000 miles a year bet we don’t see that in the UK when it’s released
Les

Found the advert. I was slightly incorrect, its 1000 "Swedish" Miles a year which is 10,000km. Another 350 SEK (roughly £30) a month to get 20,000km.

They're going aggressive with the offers as its a tough market I imagine, this is a new vehicle in Scandinavia and other Chinese brands are becoming available there. Driving around I saw loads of EVs, particularly Teslas, everywhere.

£240 a month and 12000 miles a year bet we don’t see that in the UK when it’s released
Les
Depends how much deposit you'd want to put down. The private purchase cost of the MG5 facelift in Sweden is 420,000kr (£34,000), and the example finance over 36 months is 20% deposit = 84,000kr (£6800), 4640kr (£375) per month, with a 50% balloon = 210,000kr (£17,000). Plus fees.

I don't know how the private lease stacks up, as they don't explain it.

(Source = MG MG5 2022)

1650970081387.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom