MG warranty

Zebedee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently have a Kia and where needed warranty has been spot on.

Most of the MG warranty T&Cs seem in-line with other manufacturers like Kia. Bit of a concern on the 'DRIVER AIDS 36 months or 45,000 miles', EV CHARGING POINT DOOR & CABLE 12 MONTHS or 15,000 miles and SEAT COVERS 12 months. Sorry for the capitals, taken directly from MG website.

Anyone had any issues with warranty claims please?

Not had any issues getting the work done under warranty, but the supply of replacement parts is SLOW !.
I needed a replacement handbrake motor and brake calliper.
The motor arrived after about two weeks and the calliper another week later.
We had a hire car for almost a month !.
Both parts where valued at around £160 and the job was completed in about 1 hour.
The total cost of the repair, including car hire ( due to slow parts availability ) must have been in excess of £2,000.

Interesting. Were you given any reason for the long lead times please?

MG do have a UK stock of replacement parts of course, but if the UK does not hold the part, then it is coming across the water !.
The ZS EV is a model that been around a while now, so you would NOT expect long lead times ?.
However, in our case we required parts for the electronic hand brake.
The ZS EV is the first ZS model to get this facility.
Did this have some affect on the wait time ?.
I have no idea.
The people at the hire car company, told me that a number of their different make cars where stuck at he dealers, all awaiting parts !.
So, it's not just restricted to the MG brand.
But the MG dealer did tell that MG parts usually take longer to arrive than other makes they service and support.

Thanks, very helpful. Ours would be on lease so if off the road for more than 24hrs we'd get use of another car. However I like to understand what MG are like having never experienced the brand before.

Thanks, very helpful. Ours would be on lease so if off the road for more than 24hrs we'd get use of another car. However I like to understand what MG are like having never experienced the brand before.
I suffered from a duff reduction gear after just 1500 miles from brand new. Waited several months for part to turn up ( coming all the way from China ). It never turn up did but the dealer let me upgrade from the standard to LR Mg5 for a really good deal. They also provided several courtesy cars to. No quibbling at all. I think MG are pulling out all the stops to stay ahead in the EV market. I did have an excellent dealer though. I have total confidence in the brand. All makes have issues with spares right now but that will probably improve as we exit (hopefully!) covid and chip shortages. Anyway, from scouring the forums, it seems that MG ev's are very reliable. Just take a look at the VW and Skoda forums..

Helpful feedback thanks. I'd not go back to VW, however we were considering Kia as I own one and Hyundai before that. Warranty is excellent but our local Kia dealer really let's the brand down.

Helpful feedback thanks. I'd not go back to VW, however we were considering Kia as I own one and Hyundai before that. Warranty is excellent but our local Kia dealer really let's the brand down.
Agree. Had a few Hyundais and Kias in the family. Hyundai service was better. Maybe down to the dealers. I always felt Hyundai was a bit more quality. ( ICE cars that is )

I was told Hyundai was for the more mature driver (polite for older!) and Kia for the younger ones.

As for the quality, they use the same parts etc underneath the skin so not a lot in it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom