MG ZS 40 000 Mile update

Maciej

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Here is a video I found not my car it is for the first generation of ZS EVs in short he is very happy with it had 3 minor issues one self inflicted really where is boot floor broke from too heavy load. He is hoping for another 60 000 miles out of a car. It makes me optimistic with mine. I drive around 8000 miles so by the time my car loan is done I shouldn't really do more than 60k miles when I move to new car most likely.

It's interesting to see how these are holding up for people as we don't have years and years of examples to go by.

Woo boy, he has essentially trashed that boot though. The seat backs and boot floor cloth have gotten into a right state. Makes a good case for buying a liner, as I don't think the felt MG use is the best.

OK, not 40,000 miles but I'm now on 32,000 miles on a Mk 1 ZS from Jan 2019 (31 months old).
It's been a great car so far. I had a problem with the electric driver's window being stuck down which was repaired under warranty. SOH is now just under 93% but I cannot say that I have noticed the 11 mile reduction in range. I'm still enjoying it and waiting since 2nd November for the Mk 2.

I myself owned a Leaf and now the gen 1 zs. My zs is at 97% soh at 30000 miles which is ok. In response to the above vid the soh is at 92% after 40000 miles, which to me does not seem that good, considering the battery does have thermal management. Both EV man and ev opinion, both previous leaf owners, did vids at 40000 miles, their soh were 93.62 and 91.49% respectively, on a battery notorious for degradation. One slightly better and one slightly worse. I would have expected the mg to be a lot better, what are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a video I found not my car it is for the first generation of ZS EVs in short he is very happy with it had 3 minor issues one self inflicted really where is boot floor broke from too heavy load. He is hoping for another 60 000 miles out of a car. It makes me optimistic with mine. I drive around 8000 miles so by the time my car loan is done I shouldn't really do more than 60k miles when I move to new car most likely.

Thanks for posting the video on the forum, I really appreciate it!

Just on a note about the boot. I used to take in and out a container with Velcro pads underneath. I didn't really think about a boot liner when I bought the car, so when it went in it started to break the boot liner down I decided it was beyond saving.

Then the boot floor broke and will just replace it if I ever come to sell the car (at the aforementioned 100k miles).

- KC

Thanks for posting the video on the forum, I really appreciate it!

Just on a note about the boot. I used to take in and out a container with Velcro pads underneath. I didn't really think about a boot liner when I bought the car, so when it went in it started to break the boot liner down I decided it was beyond saving.

Then the boot floor broke and will just replace it if I ever come to sell the car (at the aforementioned 100k miles).

- KC
Hi Kev - Welcome !.
I am a regular watcher of your great videos, and a subscriber.
OBTW - Kev is a ZS EV Gen 1 Exclusive driver #Team Red !.
Pop over to his channel and give him a like 👍.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom