MG ZS Electric Tailgate.

Has anyone looked at more powerful gas struts for the boot so that when you press the boot unlock button the boot opens automatically?

I know you can do a DIY electric opener upgrade, but this seems simpler and just needs more powerful gas struts 🤔
There you go😊

Would love to do it, but would work out at £100 for each of the years on my lease which doesn't sound a great return tbh. Nice though, or as the yanks say, neat!

The kit would probably have quite a good resell value some would buy as wouldn't need to wait for shipping?
P. S that's if its still working 🙄

Thats chrissy pressie sorted :)
IKEA.jpg

Did they just attach that foot sensor with normal double sided tape.

Honesly, that sensor would fall off, so quick here, with all of the water, snow, and roadsalt.

Did they just attach that foot sensor with normal double sided tape.

Honesly, that sensor would fall off, so quick here, with all of the water, snow, and roadsalt.
Same in the UK... I would be using 3M tape and cable tries as well most likely

A lot of cars use 3m tape on external trims and it seems to work very well I fitted my window wind deflectors with it as that was the only option and them things do not budge that was 4 years ago and it gets pressure washed every 4 weeks I think it down to quality of product and preparation it did come with alcohol Wipes to use b4 fitting

But can one actually buy this kit and install it oneself ?

If yes, where to buy and what is the price ?

I am guessing that it is pure aftermarket, and not some MG branded stuff.

But can one actually buy this kit and install it oneself ?

If yes, where to buy and what is the price ?

I am guessing that it is pure aftermarket, and not some MG branded stuff.
You can buy them on aliexpress there are around £300-£350, aftermarket and they do have vid's on how to install etc.

You can buy them on aliexpress there are around £300-£350, aftermarket and they do have vid's on how to install etc.
They do take a bit of work as you need to run cables to the front of the car both inside and to the 12v battery

The combination of "Buy them on aliexpress" and "They are a bit fiddley to install" makes me just nope out of there.

Aliexpress = No warranty

Drill holes in the car and run cables all the way from the back to the front = Potential problem with warranty claims.

Wish they had these as standard, but on the realistic side, it is offcourse impossible to stuff everything into the car and still be "cheapest"

The combination of "Buy them on aliexpress" and "They are a bit fiddley to install" makes me just nope out of there.

Aliexpress = No warranty

Drill holes in the car and run cables all the way from the back to the front = Potential problem with warranty claims.

Wish they had these as standard, but on the realistic side, it is offcourse impossible to stuff everything into the car and still be "cheapest"
From watching the installation video there is no need to drill holes and the installation is completely reversible... this is always the case with aftermarket electrics, cables will always need to be run unfortunately.

From watching the installation video there is no need to drill holes and the installation is completely reversible... this is always the case with aftermarket electrics, cables will always need to be run unfortunately.
Yeah you are right, i just doublechecked and i see the holes where they thread the wiring through into the car, is already there and there are just a couple of rubber pieces in those holes. I would suggest that some MG ZS of some sort have had this as an option, and this is the reason these holes are "predrilled" (Stamped when producing offcourse)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom