Mg zs ev 360 camera resolution upgrade

AlperBOSTANCI

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi friends,
As an owner of both zs ev 2023 and mg4 trophy. i recognize that zs ev 360 camera resolution is worse than mg4's. The infotainment system LCD screen resolution is good and i think that it can already support better resolutions (the resolution is good when displaying videos from USB) .
The question is ; if i change only the front and rear camera lenses(with mg4 lenses for example) can i get an improvement for camera display resolution in my zs ev.

Best regards

Switching out the lenses (if that is even possible) will not get you anything. You would have to replace the entire camera sensor module, since the sensor is what determines the resolution. I sincerely doubt that the MG4 camera modules would fit in the ZS EV (both mechanically or electrically). And even if that worked, there is no telling whether the infotainment display would accept a camera that is a different resolution than what it expects.

It is a fair question. The cameras on this car are the worst I've had in 3 cars with a 360 system. And the alignment isn't great either.

The rear camera on my mk1 is a lot better and clearer than on my wifes Trophy, cannot understand why they improved the standard of everything else and then set up the rear camera to be worse.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom