MG ZS EV Facelift - Audio on Video Not Working

robmjones86

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello:

First post! I have an MG ZS EV facelift model, had it a week and loving it!

Still working out kinks but one that has me stumped is the video from USB stick working for the visual, but no audio coming through. I have formatted the USB drive as FAT32 and NTFS, no difference. Do I need to encode the files in a certain format? The ones I tried were MKV with 5.1 sound. Should it only be MP4, avi, something else?

I think the cars entertainment system can't decode 5.1 try a different format

I've been experimenting with some different formats. It seems to like the Quicktime MOV format and some of the MP4 formats but I think those are dependent on the encoding used, some work, some don't and I haven't worked out which yet.

(Watched Galaxy Quest yesterday as I got some free electrons at Lidl in Merry Hill, Dudley) :)

Edit: FYI.
Audio - MPEG-4 AAC
Container - Quicktime
544 × 576
25.00 frames per second
624 kbps

Thanks for responses!

I tried converting the mkv to mp4 with two channel audio, still no luck! Will keep trying and feedback here.

I collected my new facelift model yesterday sorted a few things out but stumped on this one. Tried all sorts of formats still no sound😓

I gave up in the end and just used my laptop!! Pretty sure there was a definitive list on this forum somewhere of them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom