MG ZS EV Microphone not working in Android Auto

Has anyone found a solution?
I drive an MG ZS EV and use a Oneplus Nord 2. When using Android Auto it reacts to "Ok Google" but after that it doesn't take any commands. Meanwhile I can say "Hello MG" and then succefully get commands done.
The problem is only when the car is moving.
Its like the mic is blocked for android auto when the car moves.
It doesn't matter if im in an open space or in a tunnel.
Drives me crazy.

I drive an MG ZS EV and use a Oneplus Nord 2. When using Android Auto it reacts to "Ok Google" but after that it doesn't take any commands. Meanwhile I can say "Hello MG" and then succefully get commands done.
Drives me crazy.
Has your phone got mobile data switched on? Just a thought as voice commands don't work in Google without an internet connection (had the same problem and found out the hard way).

Thanks for your reply.
Has your phone got mobile data switched on? Just a thought as voice commands don't work in Google without an internet connection (had the same problem and found out the hard way).
Thanks for your reply.
Yes mobil data in the phone is switched on. But you got me thinking.
I switched on Data Traffic in the car, that didnt help. Then I turned off Hello MG, witch I tried unsuccessfully yesterday. But the combination did the trick and now it worked while driving home.
Hope it still works tomorrow, doesn't take anything for granted.
Thanks!

Drives me crazy.
Uncheck the option in your car that allow the car ro react to hello MG (yes mg). It resolved this issue for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_064446.jpg
    IMG_20230104_064446.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 96
Uncheck the option in your car that allow the car ro react to hello MG (yes mg). It resolved this issue for me.
I did that yesterday and it did not work. But today I first switched on Data Trafic wich didn't work either but then I turned off Hello MG again and then ot worked.
I dont understand what Data Trafic has to do with it. I use android auto every day and I assumed it use the phones mobil data. I also use MG iSmart everyday and it works fine without data traffic being switched on.

Anyway, I gave android auto all sorts of commands all the way home :)
Thanks

I'm pretty sure the issue has been caused by an update to Android Auto that released the new "Coolwalk" update to the platform. As when I got the car on the 6th January 2023, it all worked fine, however an AA update knackered it.

I'm going to try the Hello MG trick when I get back to the car later, as the lack of voice commands/listening on AA is driving me mad.

Edit, it's back working again, however the phone button on the steering wheel still doesn't work.

Last edited:
I did that yesterday and it did not work. But today I first switched on Data Trafic wich didn't work either but then I turned off Hello MG again and then ot worked.
I dont understand what Data Trafic has to do with it. I use android auto every day and I assumed it use the phones mobil data. I also use MG iSmart everyday and it works fine without data traffic being switched on.

Anyway, I gave android auto all sorts of commands all the way home :)
Thanks
Great news

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom