MG ZS EV MK 2 SAT NAV UPDATE

CDR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Has anyone updated the sat nav on the mark 2 zs ev?
My maps are frozen and I assumed an update would fix it. So I formatted a 32gb usb to fat 32 as I did with my old mk 1 zs ev. But the car doesn't do a fingerprint file. Is this the same process as the mk 1?
The manual doesn't show how to do it.
Thanks on advance.

Hi, tha ks for that. There are a few threads on upgrading the mk 1 sat nav, but I can't find one for the mk 2.

Absolute Gent. So it appears that you download from the mg website and install it. No navi extras needed.

Absolute Gent. So it appears that you download from the mg website and install it. No navi extras needed.
That's right as face lift model uses here maps here in the UK I believe in Australia there even better off as they use goggle maps?

Hi folks,

Has anyone updated the sat nav on the mark 2 zs ev?
My maps are frozen and I assumed an update would fix it. So I formatted a 32gb usb to fat 32 as I did with my old mk 1 zs ev. But the car doesn't do a fingerprint file. Is this the same process as the mk 1?
The manual doesn't show how to do it.
Thanks on advance.
Before you update, try turning off dead reckoning. Its a known problem and fix

Before you update, try turning off dead reckoning. Its a known problem and fix

Thanks a mill. That sorted it out. But my maps are 2021 q1 so due an update anyway but at least I know about dead reckoning. You would think that the car maps should have the latest update on them. I only picked it up 2 weeks ago

Google maps in my AU car, syncs on start-up
Lovely. Why do we always get the stuff that doesn't work great haha

Thanks. Do you mean that I could be able to use Google on my sat nav?
I know I could use android auto with a cable too.

Thanks. Do you mean that I could be able to use Google on my sat nav?
I know I could use android auto with a cable too.
When someone cleverer than me works out how to get to developer options there is no reason why any Android app could not be side-loaded obviously dependent on storage space but as here maps takes up at least 14gb I don't think space is an issue

According to the German site its Q1 2023. So I presume the file is as you say 22Q2?
16893346130281927029971436787117.jpg

Perfect. It's taking so long to transfer from my downloads to the 32gb usb. 4 hrs already and still 3 to go.

I just downloaded the archive and the version file inside is still stating 22Q2

Last edited by a moderator:
I just managed to get mine updated and its all going great now. Thanks to all for your input.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom