MG ZS EV State of Charge Low Increasing Percentage

MistaMayka

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I just wondered if anybody else has experienced the same behaviour as me? My LRTC has gradually been increasing the percentage at which it notifies for low state of Charge. Is this based on mileage and a result of the colder weather? When I got the car in September at 20% it would notify, now it is doing it at 33%.

IMG_20230119_183159290.jpg

Think it's just set a 40 miles left as that's reasonable mileage to find a charger?

Am I reading the above correctly? On a TCLR with battery at 32% there is only 40 miles of range left indicating a total range of 120 miles. Seems a bit low.

Seems about right for -5C outside and it's more like 125 miles :) I get about 130 miles range in ZS MK2 standard range this time of a year. As opposed to 160ish in summer.

But I like my car to be comfortable when driving so heating is set to 20C and works permanently

Seems about right for -5C outside and it's more like 125 miles :) I get about 130 miles range in ZS MK2 standard range this time of a year. As opposed to 160ish in summer.

But I like my car to be comfortable when driving so heating is set to 20C and works permanently
Just my point. If you expect and get 130 on a Standard Range vehicle then a comparable figure for a Longe Range should be around 180 to 200, not 125.

So realistically it is about 160 miles as it is based on motorway miles mostly and also heater at 24 degrees. #ILikeItToasty

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom