MG ZS EV TPMS rest after Kwikfit tyre replacement

MazzyW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
OK I have a Gen 1 MG ZS EV 2020 reg. Kwikfit replaced the rear offside tyre a week ago and in the process the TPMS valve got damaged so they fitted a new one. They said it would reset once I did over 40mph for a few seconds. This didn't happen. I the read some of the other message boards suggesting a higher tyre pressure was needed to activate the reset. I tried 2.6 bar and 2.8 bar but still no reset even after an 80 mile round trip today. Anyone else had a similar experience with Kiwfit ? Any other ideas for things to do to get the reset to trigger or is it something I will have to go to the MG dealer about ?

Unfortunately because the sensor has been replaced, it will therefore require coding to the car.
I assume they would have fitted a third party sensor and not a OEM part.
The Gen1 ZS EV does not have a relearn feature.

OK how do I do the coding to the car ?
You need the help of somebody who has the equipment that can communicate with car of course.
A genetic TPMS code reader may do the job, but otherwise it’s trip to the dealer.
Does Kwikfit have one?.
After all, it was them who caused the problem in the first place.
They assumed the car has a built in relearn facility, but the ZSEV Gen1 needs the new sensor coding to the car unfortunately.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom