MG ZS EV Trophy Connect: After my 1st year of service, Forward Collision kept resetting to system off

cenasf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I had done my 1st year of service of my MG ZS EV Trophy Connect ( only 3.5K miles done). I drove all the way to Bristol ( 40 miles) because I bought the car from there and 1st year service is free.
After the service while driving back home, I noticed the Forward Collision icon on the dashboard. I managed to get rid of it after navigating to mg pilot and enabling it.

However, every time I start the car, it keeps resetting it to OFF in the system, and I get the yellow icon on the dashboard. I have to keep enabling it if the icon to go away.

Apart from the above, every time I start the car I get the following notification "Autonomous Emergency Breaking System OFF"
( check attached images)

Anyone had this issue, Thanks in advance. I have called the dealer, yet to respond.

Attachments

• mgimage2.jpeg
    mgimage2.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 83
  • mgimage1.jpeg
    mgimage1.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 84
Nope, they had no clue. I took it to Swindon MG Eden, and they kept the car for two weeks. They diagnosed it as a battery issue (can you believe it? They even suggested changing a battery cell). In the end, they didn't do anything – a lot of rubbish explanations and excuses. They returned the car to me, claiming it was fixed. I showed them it still wasn't. At that point, I lost hope and took it back home. I receive notifications whenever the car is started; can you believe they even lie some days, claiming they tried to fit a new battery, etc., etc.?

The car is driving fine with no issues. I've made peace with the fact that two beeping noises occur at the start to indicate the collection system is off. When I feel optimistic, I go and enable it, and it works. However, every time I switch off the car, I have to go through the process again.

Frustratingly, it seems like MG hired a university student to handle their software/firmware updates.

I had done my 1st year of service of my MG ZS EV Trophy Connect ( only 3.5K miles done). I drove all the way to Bristol ( 40 miles) because I bought the car from there and 1st year service is free.
After the service while driving back home, I noticed the Forward Collision icon on the dashboard. I managed to get rid of it after navigating to mg pilot and enabling it.

However, every time I start the car, it keeps resetting it to OFF in the system, and I get the yellow icon on the dashboard. I have to keep enabling it if the icon to go away.

Apart from the above, every time I start the car I get the following notification "Autonomous Emergency Breaking System OFF"
( check attached images)

Anyone had this issue, Thanks in advance. I have called the dealer, yet to respond.
I had the same problem after they upgraded my firmware during first annual service. Annoying.

I had the same problem after they upgraded my firmware during first annual service. Annoying.
Same here after second annual service !.
The car was returned to the dealer, they uninstalled the info unit update and reinstalled it twice, but the warnings returned.
They reset the 12 volt system and the problem was still there.
MG customer services supplied them with an update / patch maybe for the BMS ( body control module ) this cured the problem !.

Can you open the windows by asking it to? If it does, it's a Trophy.
😂 clicked few times on the steering wheel speech button and tried saying something but nothing happened, I'll try it somewhere "quiet" so not to embarrass myself shouting nonsense where others could see me ...
EDIT: definitely not "connect" version, I kept talking to it with nothing happening. It works on android auto for navigation...

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom