MG ZS EV Winter steel wheels and tyres

Marmaduke

Novice Member
Reaction score
Has anybody fitted winter tyres and wheels to a MGZS EV. I currently own a 2 wheel drive Skoda Yeti and have a set of winter tyres and steel wheels as I live in a rural area some distance from main roads. I doubt if the steel wheels I have will fit the MG but has anybody fitted winter steel wheels and tyres and if so what size? MY MG EV is due in March so I won’t be needing winter tyres until the end of the year but the dealer has no information about winter wheels and tyres

I wish I could add specific information, but I can only comment on fitting Winter tyres to my Hyundai Ioniq EV, which I did at the end of 2017, 2018 and 2019. I only had Winter tyres. I didn't change the wheels.
The difference it makes in snow is amazing. But less so on compacted ice.
Still, I recommend people swap to Winter tyres for safer driving both in the rain and snow.
Hopefully some folks will/have fit them to their ZSs and share their experiences.

Tyres are 215/50 R17 - I have found 4 season tyres fine year round on other cars including ski trips to the Alps so don't bother with the cost and faff of switching. Pirelli Scorpions have given exceptional life (40k+ miles) with Goodyear Vector better in snow and much less road noise.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom