MG ZS EV Won't charge past sixty percent

michaelgribben

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello everyone, our 2023 MG ZS EV won't charge past sixty percent. This only started last week when putting the charge on charge overnight with the battery around 20%. The last two charges show a display reading charging complete at 60%. The car then stops charging. I tried unplugging and plugging back in several times. Don't know if I am doing anything wrong, grateful for any ideas.
Best wishes
Michael.

Maybe you set it unknowingly? That happened to me once too.

In the car, go to the battery section and check where the vertical dotted line on the SoC bar is at. Move it again to 80%.

You can also do this in the app (sorry, screenshot is in German):

Screenshot_20231126_074027_MG iSMART.jpg

Move the indicator (triangle symbol) to the state you want.

If you've got the ismart app installed then open it, click on the three lines in the top left corner, then click on charging management. That will take you to the screen above. Then press and hold the triangle below the battery and move it to the charge you want.

Thanks for these, I will try them tonight when I finish work.
Oh should mentioned this is screen shot from the Android App. In the car, you just tap the battery percentage bar and will see similar screen, just drag the line left and right. BUT someone may need to correct me as mine is the LR 72kwH model with the lithium ion battery chemistry which best kept under 90% or over 20% where as SE model with 51kWh battery uses LFP battery chemistry and can be discharges to 0% or charge to 100% many times. So if you have the Standard Range model you might not get this charge adjustment screen?
20231126_113701.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This only applies to the long range version of the car. If yours is a standard range this facility is not available and you need to take it to the dealers.

A quick search 🔍 on the forum will show you all of the info you require 👍.
Long range with the NMC battery has the ability for the owner to set the upper charge level percentage.
So if you wanted to charge to 80% for example, then on the LR you can.
Not on the standard range model, as it has the LFP battery.
The LFP battery chemistry benefits from charging to 100% SOC each and every time you conduct an A/C charge.

Thanks for your help here everyone. We resolved the issue by using the battery switch above the gear wheel. This brought up the battery display with the slider which could then be dragged upwards. I assume we have a long range battery as the slider will go up to 100% & have previously charged up to 243 miles.
Thanks for your help everyone, you saved us a trip to the dealers.

Attachments

• 20231127_144826.jpg
    20231127_144826.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20231127_144807.jpg
    20231127_144807.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for your help here everyone. We resolved the issue by using the battery switch above the gear wheel. This brought up the battery display with the slider which could then be dragged upwards. I assume we have a long range battery as the slider will go up to 100% & have previously charged up to 243 miles.
Thanks for your help everyone, you saved us a trip to the dealers.
Yep - for sure, you have the long range version with NMC battery.
The fact that you can set your charging level, together with the predicted range when set at 100% pretty much confirms this (y).

A quick search 🔍 on the forum will show you all of the info you require 👍.
Long range with the NMC battery has the ability for the owner to set the upper charge level percentage.
So if you wanted to charge to 80% for example, then on the LR you can.
Not on the standard range model, as it has the LFP battery.
The LFP battery chemistry benefits from charging to 100% SOC each and every time you conduct an A/C charge.
Hi! Thank you for the reply. I actually read several articles mentioning the battery being LFP but I guess they were talking about the SR version and I somehow missed it. Thanks!

Maybe you set it unknowingly? That happened to me once too.

In the car, go to the battery section and check where the vertical dotted line on the SoC bar is at. Move it again to 80%.

You can also do this in the app (sorry, screenshot is in German):

View attachment 21831

Move the indicator (triangle symbol) to the state you want.
Why only 80%? Why not 100%

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom