• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS Forum Member Order Tracker

Worth a trip out to speak to them face-to-face I would say.
Ig you did by credit card have them charge back

If by debit card you can get charge back as well but more forms to fill in.

If by bank transfer send an email saying they have 14 days to transfer back or will log it as a fraud/theft with police and bank.

The moment you cancel an order they are obligated to return the deposit, if at time of cancellation they have not informed you of any charges for cancelling the full amount needs to be returned. If they did inform of cancellation charges it would be deposit minus the charge.
Ig you did by credit card have them charge back

If by debit card you can get charge back as well but more forms to fill in.

If by bank transfer send an email saying they have 14 days to transfer back or will log it as a fraud/theft with police and bank.

The moment you cancel an order they are obligated to return the deposit, if at time of cancellation they have not informed you of any charges for cancelling the full amount needs to be returned. If they did inform of cancellation charges it would be deposit minus the charge.
Sadly I don't think it's that simple. I cancelled by saying "I don't want it anymore" on the call from the sales rep where he was telling me my car had arrived and was available for collection. The deanship manager has told me this has inured them a cost as they have to pay for the car from MG when it arrives. IDK if I believe them, but they refused to give me the deposit back.

I orderd Trophy Connect LR in silver on 20 March 2022. Dealer: Glyn Hopkin, East London. Car arrived with rear tinted glass in February 2023 when I was abroad. I collected the car (with mats as negotiated) on 11 March.

I was told that secondhand car cost more than brand new car when I place the order. The sales was eager to refund my deposit after 6 months when car price went up and sunroof was removed in new spec. I visited them several times for sitting inside my future car model before I got estimated delivery date in November 2022. It looks like I am a lucky one who got car earlier than someone else.

I love my MG ZS. I can achieve better fuel efficiency than spec. I never achieved fuel efficiency based on manufacture data on petrol or hybrid car before.

Last edited:
Sadly I don't think it's that simple. I cancelled by saying "I don't want it anymore" on the call from the sales rep where he was telling me my car had arrived and was available for collection. The deanship manager has told me this has inured them a cost as they have to pay for the car from MG when it arrives. IDK if I believe them, but they refused to give me the deposit back.
Surely you knew before the day of arrival that you didn't want the car anymore, so why not let them know as soon as you made the decision you didn't want it? would have probably got your deposit back then as they could have cancelled the order and it could have been allocated to another dealership

There's a couple of similar threads for this, but I thought I would put everything into a single new thread for now. This is based on the excellent spreadsheet created by @FlashingBlade but with some stats added, and in Google Docs format.

Can I ask that this thread just be used for order updates. There are plenty of other threads for discussing / ranting / tracking ships etc.

If you have placed an order and it's not in the sheet (or I haven't updated this sheet from the other threads), just pop a message in the thread with the following information:

• Model
  • Colour
  • Order Date
  • Dealer and location (e.g. Baylis MG, Gloucester)
  • The date you collected your car (if you're one of the lucky ones!!)

If you're on the spreadsheet and you've collected your car, then just reply with the collection date.

Note: The stats only account for the MG ZS EV UK Models, but the orders will still show on the left. let me know if I've made any mistakes. I'm hoping that the spreadsheet will automatically be the latest version in this post.

Direct Link to Sheet

Hi Oakers, I sent a message when I got my White MG ZS EV Trophy LR but the sheet hasn't been updated. I collected on 30/5/2023 and am very happy with the car. I have solar panels, and can charge during the day as I'm retired. Driving on sunshine😀 and yes it has the sunroof etc as ordered.
PaulIoW

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom