MG ZS Forum Member Order Tracker

New car on charge.jpg

Yeah, rear tints and a sunroof which I wasn't expecting as I'd thought it had been removed from the spec (??)
This correct for scratch factory ordered after June / July this year.
Car's arriving NOW with the top spec of the sky roof roof etc, will have been produced before the cut off date.
The sky roof was always tinted straight from the factory, even on the Gen 1 models released back in 2019.
The rest of the glass in the car was NOT tinted from the factory in the Gen 1 model.
When the Gen 2 facelift model was released, the sky roof was tinted ( of course ) and the side glass from the "B" post back, was also very slightly tinted from the factory.
Some Gen 2 owners ( including myself ) have had a second layer of slight tint added to the side glass to compliment the factory spec, as the factory tint is only very slight.
This gives the side profile a much better gradual tint that starts with zero tint on the from windscreen ( as per the law ) then a slight tint added to the front side windows, then a second layer added to the rear side glass and windscreen.
With out this extra tint added, the front side glass offers zero protection from the sun and little to the rear seat passengers also, like in the case of children in the hot weather.
The rear glass from the "B" post back, can be legally tinted as dark as you wish, but remember if your tint is very strong, it will be even darker when it is raining or at night !.

So, a ZS SR trophy pre-ordered in April 22 hould be arriving with no tinted windows but with the sunroof?

I have been told that the car is now on sea now. I assume it will take at least 1 month to be in UK.
Can't wait.

Yes, please do. Otherwise, it distorts the stats. Plus, the number of people that give up and cancel is an interesting statistic in itself. In my humble opinion.
@Oakers

I ordered my LR Trophy Blue on 16/4/2022, and I was called on the 14/04/2023 to be told my car was available to collect. I cancelled my order on that call as one year later, I no longer wanted the car. I wish I had called sooner, as having been told the deposit was refundable, Donald's MG Peterborough are now dragging their feet on returning my deposit (Or returning my emails, calls, or even answering the phone).

It should not be a difficult process getting your deposit back really, after all they have had it in their account earning interest for the last 12 months !.
My son cancelled an order for a MG HS PHEV about 12 months ago.
When he called to cancel, he was told hold the line and the refund was done instantly, while he waited on the phone.

@Oakers

I ordered my LR Trophy Blue on 16/4/2022, and I was called on the 14/04/2023 to be told my car was available to collect. I cancelled my order on that call as one year later, I no longer wanted the car. I wish I had called sooner, as having been told the deposit was refundable, Donald's MG Peterborough are now dragging their feet on returning my deposit (Or returning my emails, calls, or even answering the phone).
Ig you did by credit card have them charge back

If by debit card you can get charge back as well but more forms to fill in.

If by bank transfer send an email saying they have 14 days to transfer back or will log it as a fraud/theft with police and bank.

The moment you cancel an order they are obligated to return the deposit, if at time of cancellation they have not informed you of any charges for cancelling the full amount needs to be returned. If they did inform of cancellation charges it would be deposit minus the charge.

Finally got my new car delivered today, long story but I will endeavour to update the saga below.
Initial order for black LR Trophy with Bushey MG in August, under the Affinity scheme.
Later order for same spec and colour with New Car Discount (not reported to this forum) with earlier delivery promised (Ordered November for promised December/January delivery).
Revised my order in February when NCD said still no black cars arriving but I could have a blue one which was on the boat! Car finally delivered today from New Car Discount, both charging leads and fitted mats included but car very dirty after what was probably open air storage. Not what I expected with a brand new car but having discussions about them paying for a basic valet.
I've been honest with Bushey MG and they have said they will refund my deposit even though the originally ordered car is due to arrive imminently.

've been honest with Bushey MG and they have said they will refund my deposit even though the originally ordered car is due to arrive imminently.
Yeah right !.
If I had a pound coin for every time I have heard THAT old story, then the car would be completely FOC !.
Refund please 🙏.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom