MG ZS L/R Arrival

DON

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all just been told by dealer my ZS ordered Dec 5th expected March, now end of April :mad:

Do we think they are likely to drop the new three model names in the U.K. and revert back to a two model option instead ?.
Offering the Excite and Exclusive only ?.
Renaming these two models could then be marketed at a different price to avoid the PICG price increase on the higher spec model at least.
If this was considered, then the current Trophy model would require the hard ware etc to support the IConnect features.
Could this rethink be reason why cars could be delayed ?.
Pure speculation on my part of course !.
But IF MG does intend to address the price increase due to the PICG grant, then this could be a “workaround” ????.

Do we think they are likely to drop the new three model names in the U.K. and revert back to a two model option instead ?.
Offering the Excite and Exclusive only ?.
Renaming these two models could then be marketed at a different price to avoid the PICG price increase on the higher spec model at least.
If this was considered, then the current Trophy model would require the hard ware etc to support the IConnect features.
Could this rethink be reason why cars could be delayed ?.
Pure speculation on my part of course !.
But IF MG does intend to address the price increase due to the PICG grant, then this could be a “workaround” ????.
I’m sure I read somewhere it was a shortage of the infotainment units due to the chip manufacturer fire. The EV market appears to be strong with or without the grant, so perhaps MG aren’t too bothered about the adjustment.

when I ordered back in November, I was given a delivery date of May... but the dealers just don’t know - apparently they never get given build dates, or even told that they are on thier way- just when they arrive at the dock they then get assigned to dealers..! So my dealer said, hopefully it won’t be that long, and ideally March, but he won’t know until a couple of weeks before!

When I put my order and deposit down at the end of October I was told January but when I later did the test drive it was put back to March. I hope it doesn't get put back again!

Ordered a ZS EV LR back in October, it was due between Jan and March, then put back to April, then May, and now I’m told it could be end of June / early July! I contacted MG customer services and hit a brick wall.

Just been told by my dealer we can pick up our black Trophy LR on Monday 👍😁🤩. Ordered Nov.
I have ordered exactly the same car and also in November, so hopefully my dealer will be getting it soon... been quoted June so far though after an end of march initial del quote.

I’m sure I read somewhere it was a shortage of the infotainment units due to the chip manufacturer fire. The EV market appears to be strong with or without the grant, so perhaps MG aren’t too bothered about the adjustment.
Ordered ev tropthy or last November now being told 1st September at best

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom