MG ZS newbie questions

Jarvo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone, what a great forum- thanks.

I’ve got a new trophy long range (Jan, 24) and disappointed. Trying to love it sorry for the moaning.

Charging: most I’ve had is 160, should be 270 (heard this might be cold weather?)

Tyres: constant aleft that one or more are under- inflated (heard this is normal in cold weather?) but what’s the point if it’s unreliable info?

Interior lights: don’t come on when turn engine off (probably my error -but can’t correct it).

Phone : connects via CarlinKit now and again, it was worse before when I connected with genuine apple lead, so bought the car link thing to improve. Sometimes hands free works/sometimes not. Or I can hear them, they can’t hear me. The car link thing should link automatically but the screen will ask to connect to Bluetooth.

Apple Music sometimes works!
Google maps sometimes works!
The MG app - almost useless, been getting tyre alarms day after day!

The list is endless and the theme is: hit and miss. I’ve been driving since the 80’s and never experienced such a bug ridden car. Feel a bit of regret at spending 36k to mess around every time I get in it.

Attachments

• IMG_6121.jpeg
    IMG_6121.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 53
Wireless CarPlay adopts can appear to lag, which could impact on your satnav. I would suggest you try a good USB cable first.

I've also been driving since the 70's, and cars back in the day were not computers with wheels and sorry to say the more complex they get, the more that can go wrong, or be misunderstood by the user !

Can’t see that wireless CarPlay not working properly is likely to be a car fault. I use Carlinkit and had to go through various settings options to make it work reliably, and even now it sometimes won’t reconnect if I disconnect and reconnect too quickly. It won’t work properly if your phone is paired with the car as well as Carlinkit. There is a slight lag of a fraction of a second but Apple Maps etc all work perfectly for me. Try a different adapter?

Hi Jarvo, It was a cold night last night and my wife put her MG ZS EV long range on charge overnight, I just could not believe the100% charge range indicated, she does drive carefully and does not accelerate fierily. It showed a range of 326 miles, with this range she will easily make a return journey to Tewksbury without the need to charge on the Motorway. This is the second MG ZS we have had, almost trouble free, just inflated the tyres to stop the annoying message about being underinflated.

Sorry posted the wrong photo, I will try again. Summer and winter charges, I believe we have a very good battery in this car

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323-232629_Gallery[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20240323-232629_Gallery[1].jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20240324-111042_Gallery[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20240324-111042_Gallery[1].jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20240323-232629_Gallery[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20240323-232629_Gallery[1].jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 37
Well, I got my second hand ZS two days ago so I'll see how that goes... Have you fixed whatever was bugging you? Full charge range improved? There are so many settings that looking at the manual is a must...
So far I connected my phone via USB cable and that worked. Also, Bluetooth connected fine.

Hi everyone, what a great forum- thanks.

I’ve got a new trophy long range (Jan, 24) and disappointed. Trying to love it sorry for the moaning.

Charging: most I’ve had is 160, should be 270 (heard this might be cold weather?)

Tyres: constant aleft that one or more are under- inflated (heard this is normal in cold weather?) but what’s the point if it’s unreliable info?

Interior lights: don’t come on when turn engine off (probably my error -but can’t correct it).

Phone : connects via CarlinKit now and again, it was worse before when I connected with genuine apple lead, so bought the car link thing to improve. Sometimes hands free works/sometimes not. Or I can hear them, they can’t hear me. The car link thing should link automatically but the screen will ask to connect to Bluetooth.

Apple Music sometimes works!
Google maps sometimes works!
The MG app - almost useless, been getting tyre alarms day after day!

The list is endless and the theme is: hit and miss. I’ve been driving since the 80’s and never experienced such a bug ridden car. Feel a bit of regret at spending 36k to mess around every time I get in it.
I stopped using a carplay adaptor and went back to using the usb lead. Works every time. As for the range when charged only being 160 miles, check whether the long range charge rate was set to 100%.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom