MG ZS not recognising my keys

Benno

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I just had a situation where, after opening my MG ZS EV with the door push button, my car would not recognise either of my keys so would not start... It then would not lock with either the key or door pushbutton. Interestingly I could open and lock the car from the app. Helpful MG Gallanders dealership in Aberdeen told me to disconnect the earth lead from the battery and wait a couple of minutes and then reconnected it. Boom problem solved..! Classic "hard reboot" or turn it off and turn it on again... Useful tip to know in case you get caught out. You may want to leave a 10mm spanner in the glove box just in case...

I had similar problem, I had to put the key in the cup holder place where the key sensor is. Than the car started and never had that problem again so far. You might have to remove the protective rubber mat from the cup holder than put the key in there.

First thing I did when I got the car is fit a quick release connector on the -ve battery terminal. Only had to use it once and it's a quick turn of the knob, wait a bit and tighten it back up. Alt-Ctrl-Delete in one action. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom