MG ZS Parcel shelf string

Ninjageek

Standard Member
Reaction score
Somehow the string which holds the parcel shelf has gone missing and now when I open the boot, only one side is lifting. I went to MG and they said they can only replace the whole parcel shelf. Not just the string…

Has anyone has this happen to them? Does anyone know where I can buy a new one from?

Somehow the string which holds the parcel shelf has gone missing and now when I open the boot, only one side is lifting. I went to MG and they said they can only replace the whole parcel shelf. Not just the string…

Has anyone has this happen to them? Does anyone know where I can buy a new one from?
Try a shoelace maybe?

Slightly different but wasn’t sure if it was worthy of a separate thread. Has anyone’s parcel shelf retaining clip popped out/ off? I opened my boot yesterday noticed some resistance and foolishly persisted and ‘pop’. Out came the retaining clip and it looks like it can’t be re-used confidently. I thought of using super glue but can’t help but feel like it would only be a matter of time before that would fail… has anyone got any tips/ hints or tricks they could share please?

Slightly different but wasn’t sure if it was worthy of a separate thread. Has anyone’s parcel shelf retaining clip popped out/ off? I opened my boot yesterday noticed some resistance and foolishly persisted and ‘pop’. Out came the retaining clip and it looks like it can’t be re-used confidently. I thought of using super glue but can’t help but feel like it would only be a matter of time before that would fail… has anyone got any tips/ hints or tricks they could share please?
I bought new clips for £5 of Amazon

Have you called the dealer to see if they have them? If not your own, try one such as this that lists spares: Home - Brown and Gammons

Or there's Amazon as mentioned above, and eBay.

Here you go !.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom