MG ZS SE roof bars??

chayesey

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,

I’m looking get some roof bars for me ZSmk2 SE but MG don’t seem so have any information on what I should do. Can anyone shed some light on this or point me in the right direction,

Cheers

Chris

I visited the Thule site, and selected the MG ZS EV and they displayed the options

I ended up buying the following

Thule Wingbar Evo | 711200
Thule Raised Rail Evo | 710410

Works fine on my LR, i dont know if the roof bars are different on the SE, but if not, these will work just fine.

Sadly the SE doesn’t have any roof bars, so I’m trying to find a different option. Thank you for the reply though.
I visited the Thule site, and selected the MG ZS EV and they displayed the options

I ended up buying the following

Thule Wingbar Evo | 711200
Thule Raised Rail Evo | 710410

Works fine on my LR, i dont know if the roof bars are different on the SE, but if not, these will work just fin

I may be wrong, but I don't think there are any roof bar options for the SE. They don't have the rails and I don't think they have the option for mounting in the door frames either. Check along the roof and see if there are any flaps you can lift which would allow you to mount bars. Other option are the temporary ones that use straps to go through the door openings, but... they are usually only recommended for lightweight large objects such as surf boards or paddle boards.

I may be wrong, but I don't think there are any roof bar options for the SE. They don't have the rails and I don't think they have the option for mounting in the door frames either. Check along the roof and see if there are any flaps you can lift which would allow you to mount bars. Other option are the temporary ones that use straps to go through the door openings, but... they are usually only recommended for lightweight large objects such as surf boards or paddle boards.
There aren't any flaps unfortunately. So there are no means to attach any roof rack fixings. It's the main reason I didn't choose the SE.

There aren't any flaps unfortunately. So there are no means to attach any roof rack fixings. It's the main reason I didn't choose the SE.
then unfortunately your only option are the temporary inflatable ones, but that is obviously not goign to be any good if you want to lug anything heavy like a rofbox or a sofa.

then unfortunately your only option are the temporary inflatable ones, but that is obviously not goign to be any good if you want to lug anything heavy like a rofbox or a sofa.
Think you might be down to some bars that "clip" or are tightened against the tops of the door apertures... Never had or used any personally.

eBay has examples
Here's 1 -
From the other almost identical thread about excite roof bars 🙄

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sorry to jump on this thread, just a quick question.

What is the max carrying weight for the integrated roof bars on the LR Trophy?

Sorry to jump on this thread, just a quick question.

What is the max carrying weight for the integrated roof bars on the LR Trophy?

Lots of details here -

FF4D8AC0-6F2C-4703-A8DB-FC3DBB50E9A4.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom