MG ZS Standard Range

Flat top

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good morning all, has anyone got a standard range yet? If so what efficiency/range have you been getting?

Just wondering with the constant delays on the long range, would it be worth going for the standard range instead.

We make a 240 mile journey at least 6 times a year, hence we ordered the long range.

All the online reviews seem to be for the long range model.

Beware changing car may change the deal such as Affinity and Gov Grant applied. Check with dealer as its probably a bit more complicated than just swapping to the one with greater availability? They may choose to keep your order on the books as they will sell the car easily when it arrives. But a new order would be a new deal in terms of discounts/Gov grant/finance options. Good luck

Good morning all, has anyone got a standard range yet? If so what efficiency/range have you been getting?

Just wondering with the constant delays on the long range, would it be worth going for the standard range instead.

We make a 240 mile journey at least 6 times a year, hence we ordered the long range.

even with LR that's a stretch in one go (real world) So SR with one stop May be the same?

I was briefly tempted by the SR but have decided to wait it out for the LR
Based on winter consumption of roughly 2.5 to 3 miles per kwh and a usable battery of roughly 48 kwh this only works out at worst case 120mile range. Not enough of an increase over my 40kwh Leaf. LR worst case with usable 68kwh is 170miles

Picked my Standard Range up a week ago. 128 mile motorway journey home. 8C temperature, Windy wet weather , everything on. Absolutely horrible conditions. Set cruise to 65mph. At end Car said 3.4miles per kwh - 23% battery & 40 Mile range left - so about 170 mile range in wintry conditions. I thought that was very good.

Picked my Standard Range up a week ago. 128 mile motorway journey home. 8C temperature, Windy wet weather , everything on. Absolutely horrible conditions. Set cruise to 65mph. At end Car said 3.4miles per kwh - 23% battery & 40 Mile range left - so about 170 mile range in wintry conditions. I thought that was very good.
Sounds good!

Thank you, that's good information & efficiency. Did you road test the long range? If so how did it compare?

bought this over the phone. First time i drove it was to pick it up. And I think it’s fantastic. SE standard range in Batersee Blue. Pre registered end of jan 22. £24495 - In this market, all due diligence went out the window!

Before I had the Kona, I owned a 28kWh Ioniq which has half the range of the Kona. Not really a problem if you know where the reliable chargers are (I use Instavolt and Osprey), but having the extra range means unexpected journeys are less of a hassle. (Before Christmas I did a 280 mile round trip to visit family and did it without a charging stop)

Been driving a black trophy SR since 3rd Feb. Gives me about an avg of 170 miles on a full charge in the city. About 150 on the motorway in cold weather and with heating on. I drive in the eco mode with regen level 3. Will write up my experience of driving to Wales from Milton Keynes on a 215 mile journey I took yesterday in a couple of days.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom