MG ZS Trophy Long range - charging losses.

Golfmalc

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have been noticing that the mileage I am covering is significantly less than the projected range. Today was a good example. The outside temperature was 11 degrees and I made a round trip of 54 miles in ECO mode with minimal use of the heater other than to clear misting on a couple of occasions. This involved local roads at each end of the journey and approx. 40 miles in total on an A road with several sections subject to 40 or 50 mile limits and my speed otherwise under 60mph for the rest. The projected range at the start was 232 miles and when I arrived home it was down to 146 miles. This seems a bit excessive and I would welcome any thoughts on whether this is normal.

What about fitting a normal galvanised hinge at the break point, or even before it is broken? In effect this would provide a double hinge, so that it would not break (again) if over-extended?

Upvote 0
Just filling the honeycomb part of the hinge with epoxy glue would strengthen it, but maybe not enough to prevent breakage. Still think a secondary hinge would help cure the problem, but might be difficult to achieve.

Upvote 0
I have been noticing that the mileage I am covering is significantly less than the projected range. Today was a good example. The outside temperature was 11 degrees and I made a round trip of 54 miles in ECO mode with minimal use of the heater other than to clear misting on a couple of occasions. This involved local roads at each end of the journey and approx. 40 miles in total on an A road with several sections subject to 40 or 50 mile limits and my speed otherwise under 60mph for the rest. The projected range at the start was 232 miles and when I arrived home it was down to 146 miles. This seems a bit excessive and I would welcome any thoughts on whether this is normal.
Make sure the Aircon is really OFF.
Our range is going all over the place in the last month, and actually i travelled 30ml further on a 200 ml run which estimated I would only get to 196miles when I set off ?:-{
Im keeping more of an eye on the Battery Level than the Estimated Range now.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom