MG ZS Trophy USB 2?

DBedford

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi there,
I knows the ZS has a USB data socket in the centre console, but the infotainment system shows USB 1 & 2 !

Is there a second USB socket which is not accessible to users please? I have tried the one by the mirror, the two in the back, and the USB C by the known USB data socket, but none of them accept data. Thanks👍

Attachments

• IMG_1653.jpeg
    IMG_1653.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 93
USB 1 is the standard USB socket on the RHS and USB 2 is the USB "C" socket in the middle.
Thank you Peter.
The strange thing for me is that USB 1 shows the files when I insert a thumb drive but nothing when I internet into USB C (it could be my C to A adaptor!!! .
So why is it listed any more that the other 3 USB sockets ? Rhetorical question.

Any one got the USB2(USB C) to work for songs? It can be used for charging for it never recognises the data/mp3

Yeah, I can use the USB-C port for music as well. It shows as USB2 in the infotainment screen when plugged in. I think you may need to have a stick with USB-C, a USB-A stick with an adapter may not work.

All that is saying is that USB A is for Android Auto, that has nothing to do with playing music. I play music using USB C all the time.
Not disagreeing with you. USB C is the Aux Input, which should play any music files you have stored on your phone or memory stick. You can probably also play from Spotify etc (I haven't tried in the MG but it works through the Aux on my other car), you just won't be able to control it through the Android Auto / Apple CarPlay interface.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom