MG4 Aftermarket Wheel Options

New TPMSes will be cloned from the original wheels so the car will not know any difference when changing between summer and winter tires.

Last edited:
What about TPMS?
I changed my wheels to 18 inch with same size tyres as a summer alternative. TPMS sensors were £25 each wheel but if buying on line as i did then its no so straight forward. The company coded my valves which clearly wasnt going to work as each needs to be read and coded to the new valve .
I used an Autel reader set to MGZS as the MG4 is not listed and read each wheel and coded the copied values to the new valve.

Hello @AdyC
i saw you have changed your wheels too.
I changed my wheels and I used the old TPMS sensor on the new wheels. It worked for 2 days. after that, it gave me the error TPMS faulty on my dashboard. My MG zs EV 2023

Do I need to use Autel reader too?

which one should I buy? how to use it?
Thank you

Hello @AdyC
i saw you have changed your wheels too.
I changed my wheels and I used the old TPMS sensor on the new wheels. It worked for 2 days. after that, it gave me the error TPMS faulty on my dashboard. My MG zs EV 2023

Do I need to use Autel reader too?

which one should I buy? how to use it?
Thank you
HI
Are you saying you removed the sensors from the original alloys to the new alloys?
If so did you make a note of which wheel each sensor came from. For example front offside etc
The system will show a TPMS fault if the valves have been mixed up to different wheels.. I should think your local MG dealer could help with establishing if this is the case.
If you look at Amazon product ASIN B07QFVSBYHThese are what you need. And the cheapest scanner cloning tool is thw following without spending just under £200. This scanner does need a Laptop you can't use it on a chrome book or similar

Hello @AdyC
yes, correct. I have moved the sensor to my new alloy wheel. it was working for 2 days. it is working if I inflate or deflate the tyre.
i will borrow my friend tpms scanner tool to check it later
Thank you for your information

Hello @AdyC
my friend autel ts508 cannot scan MG ZS . it said indirect.
when we contacted Autel support. they told me no support MG yet.
Do you have any idea ?
Thank you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom