MG4 Bodykits & suspension

KMC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Nobody modifies vehicles like the Taiwanese!
WARNING : Turn the volume off, eyes only for this.
Note the ride height, wheel spacers etc. I thought I had “modified “ my xpower until I saw this !

Now interested in finding a suspension/handling company to improve my x power without ruining the ride (if possible) 😁

Attachments

• IMG_7308.jpeg
    IMG_7308.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_7307.jpeg
    IMG_7307.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7304.jpeg
    IMG_7304.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_7310.jpeg
    IMG_7310.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_7311.jpeg
    IMG_7311.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7306.jpeg
    IMG_7306.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 161
Like that, but without the stickers/graphics. 🙂👍
Funnily enough I had that explained to me when working in Hong Kong & Taiwan. Because there is zero welfare system over there “if you dont earn you dont eat” which is why theyre all over everything. The only AD free space is the pavement 🤣😂

Now interested in finding a suspension/handling company to improve my x power without ruining the ride (if possible) 😁

Already on it m8
Chap up country (Wales) is getting back to me reference a full kit of springs and dampers from Ze Germans.

He doesn't recommend the lowering springs that are already available.

He owns 'Tuned'

He wouldn't though, would he. 😉🙂

You say that m8, but I did have a convo with him about them.
This is what he does day in, day out, and I reckon a matched set of springs and dampers are deffo the way to go.
Especially with the potential on board.

TBH, I will probably wait even if they were ready next week.

To cloud the already seemingly impossible to put right vibe issue might put me at a disadvantage with MG.
Not happening.👍🤣

One for the better half? You could have His and Hers. 🙂👍

View attachment 24802

View attachment 24803

Those rims look great 👍

Already on it m8
Chap up country (Wales) is getting back to me reference a full kit of springs and dampers from Ze Germans.

He owns 'Tuned'

Had a look a his website, have to say it looks very impressive. Keep us up to date with your progress. 🙂👍

Already on it m8

He owns 'Tuned'

Looking at his site the guy obviously knows his beans but if he's referring to the H&R springs being bad I'd be a little surprised. They are German anyway and have a great reputation for premium quality springs and would be miffed if they developed springs for the mg4 where the spring rates don't marry up with the dampers. I'm a member on the Mazda 3 revolution site and we're heavily into tuning and modding our cars on there and haven't heard any negative comments re H&R. Tuned appear to be a quality tuning shop but don't manufacture their own components or appear to offer the service to adjust the pressures in the shocks & struts either so if a complete spring, shocks & struts kit come to market ( or even better a coil over kit ) you could fit them yourself.

If you wanna keep the comfort but reduce body roll I'd be seeking beefier front and rear sway/anti roll bars first
I did think about that to be honest. Not sure where to look/ask though? Ive been used to cars being equipped & handling well so not up on “modifications”

Very much doubt anyone is making sway/anti-roll bars for the X Power, yet anyway. The only thing I know are available now, are lowering springs. 🙂👍

It's quite easy for us mere mortals with regular mg4's as we can retrofit the uprated x power suspension parts but as you've already got the x power it's a case of waiting for the aftermarket suspension companies to develop and release products which will come. Does the X power have a tendency to oversteer like our cars?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom