|MG4 LR...What do you get and what do you need?

thewanderingturnip

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi folks,

I'm taking delivery of my MG4 on Monday (All being well) and was wondering if it comes with charging cables etc? If not, could someone suggest where to get a decent one from and what type please? I'm thinking a 3Phase type 2 would cover my needs?
Also is there anything else I need to know or buy so I can hit the ground running?

Cheers

The ZS came with the "granny" EVSE. I don't know if the 4 comes with the type 2 cable. Some people got one with mobility leases or deals with their local dealerships.

If you need to buy one, make sure it's a reputable UK outlet as some foriegn imports (we all know which ones) are not up to UK safety standards.

Is this your first EV?

Wouldn't hurt to ask.:)

Oh, and welcome to the forum and world of EV driving.
There is a thread on the forum about accessories people have bought for their EV's. If you type "accessories" in the search bar, you should find it.

Have you downloaded Zap-Map. PlugShare and A Better Route Planner on your phone? All useful for finding chargers and planning journeys.

As yours is almost certainly a MY23 SE LR then it'll come with a single phase onboard charger. As such you don't need a 3-phase 32A cable.

If yours is a sal-sac lease then these usually come with both the granny lead and a (single phase) Type 2 lead, but it's best to ask (or just look when you get the car. It won't hurt to use the granny lead until you get a Type 2 if one doesn't come with the car). :)

Wouldn't hurt to ask.:)

Oh, and welcome to the forum and world of EV driving.
There is a thread on the forum about accessories people have bought for their EV's. If you type "accessories" in the search bar, you should find it.

Have you downloaded Zap-Map. PlugShare and A Better Route Planner on your phone? All useful for finding chargers and planning journeys.
I've got electroverse and Zapmap, I'll take a look at plugshare.
Yea I might drop them an email tomorrow, but to be honest my interactions with octopusEV hasn't filled me with confidence that they know what they're doing!
Thanks for your advice and such a warm welcome!

As yours is almost certainly a MY23 SE LR then it'll come with a single phase onboard charger. As such you don't need a 3-phase 32A cable.

If yours is a sal-sac lease then these usually come with both the granny lead and a (single phase) Type 2 lead, but it's best to ask (or just look when you get the car. It won't hurt to use the granny lead until you get a Type 2 if one doesn't come with the car). :)
If that's the case then that would be ideal because I'm still waiting for confirmation of when my home charger will be installed.
I will ask octopusev tomorrow as I'm supposed to be getting free AA cover included but had no further info on it.
Would a 3phase cable be a worth while investment in the near future even if the car comes with single phase?

AA cover (MG Assist) comes with the car as standard. Once you've got the car you could call the MG Assist number to confirm it is registered. :)

0800 072 3338, per:

AA cover (MG Assist) comes with the car as standard. Once you've got the car you could call the MG Assist number to confirm it is registered. :)

0800 072 3338, per:

And this is why I always look for the forums! There's always people that know everything you need!

Appreciate your help!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom