MG4 mobile holder

KMC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I am sure most of you already have one of these.
Personally I think it’s brilliant. Purpose built to fit onto the top of the screen. Phone holder & a handy shelf behind the screen perfect for standing my disabled badge. Ali express £12 ish.

Attachments

• IMG_7091.jpeg
    IMG_7091.jpeg
    880.3 KB · Views: 200
I've seen those and it's a simple and elegant solution. I didn't realise there was a shelf behind it as well.

For myself I chose to modify the existing flat phone holder by adding a 3D printed bumper to stop it sliding off when corning, and use the Infotainment screen for the display from the phone.

MG Phone bumper in car wide.jpg

I've seen those and it's a simple and elegant solution. I didn't realise there was a shelf behind it as well.

For myself I chose to modify the existing flat phone holder by adding a 3D printed bumper to stop it sliding off when corning, and use the Infotainment screen for the display from the phone.

View attachment 24110
I have bought one of those in black, seems to work, plus I added a further layer of non slip matting.

View attachment 24110
Good idea. I only charge my mobile when it drops below 20% though. Wireless car chargers ruin battery health so I haven’t used mine.

I have an SE, and neither the car or my phone support wireless charging, so use it with a cable. I do have an Android AI box fixed to underside of centre console, so that provides wireless carplay to link to the Infotainment when I don't need to charge.

Isn't it funny how we all end up with different solutions! 👍🤣
We pick the solution that suits us best, but it's good to see other options.

I have an SE, and neither the car or my phone support wireless charging, so use it with a cable. I do have an Android AI box fixed to underside of centre console, so that provides wireless carplay to link to the Infotainment when I don't need to charge.
The wireless charge unit can be purchased on Ali express & fitted quite easily (if you wanted it). Also the cable reaches the phone holder which is how I charge when needed. Hope this helps 👍
Isn't it funny how we all end up with different solutions! 👍🤣

View attachment 24112
View attachment 24113
Are those footwell lights any good ? Do you recommend them bud? Seen them but wasnt sure.

I have bought one of those in black, seems to work, plus I added a further layer of non slip matting.
Think I saw them on ebay 🤔. Do they survive x power acceleration 😳

The wireless charge unit can be purchased on Ali express & fitted quite easily (if you wanted it). Also the cable reaches the phone holder which is how I charge when needed. Hope this helps 👍

Are those footwell lights any good ? Do you recommend them bud? Seen them but wasnt sure.

Have a look here pal....
Post in thread 'Would you buy an MG 4 again?' Would you buy an MG 4 again?

1708358325347.png
1708358220976.png

USB C, Free's up the charge pad so you can charge 2 phones at once and watch netflix/youtube at a charge station while you wait... without taking over the main screen. I use a wireless dongle in the USB A port for apple carplay so I can grab the phone and go without plugging it in everytime.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom